M.S. in Neuroscience and Education at TC, Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LCG27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, Sorry for starting another thread but I was just accepted to the M.S. in Neuroscience and Education Program and Teachers College, Columbia. Is anyone currently in this program? The research opportunities look great, but I am just somewhat hesitant of the job market for a M.S in neuroscience. What do you all think?

P.S. I also applied to Clinical Psychology Programs, but have not been denied/accepted anywhere yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Jobs for with this degree.....no idea. Research lab work?

An MS in Neuroscience should help any applicant, as long as it is a legit program and you gain applicable knowledge and research experience. probably help you as a doctoral applicant (if other parts of your application are good...at least 1200 GRE, 3.5 GPA, research experience, etc).

TC can be a bit hit and miss with reputation...mostly because they accept large MS level classes in their programs (particularly School of Education), though at a quick glance this program sounds like it could offer some interesting opportunities. Whether you pursue MS training or not, definitely be involved in research...as that can only help your doctoral app.

In case I didn't mention it...you need to have research experience if you want to be competitive for doctoral programs. :D