M1 looking for study advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tardigrade1

Reaction score
I'm a M1 at a T5 school, and our exam averages have been in the low to mid 90s. Although I've passed my exams so far, I'm still consistently scoring just below average. It's been kind of demoralizing, so I've spent a good deal of time during the post-exam week to consider how to improve. I think this can be partly explained by my difficulty with adapting to new resources for each new course, since it probably takes me a week or so to figure out how to study, and by then, I'm already behind schedule. I'd also like to have a more consistent study schedule, but I'm not sure how to accommodate mandatory sessions that occur at different times each week. How can I make sure that I efficiently approach each new class and build a strong study schedule?

Members don't see this ad.

Contact your school's learning or education center; they'll help you with time mgt, etc.

It's NOT a reflection on your self worth that you are scoring avg. You're in a pool with some of the best med students in the world, after all.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
You're special and unique, just like everybody else.

You're going from being the top 1% of your entire college, to becoming just average. Because you're in line with people that are outrageous. You are okay. Don't compare yourself to others, it will only bring you down. Concentrate on becoming the best, caring, humble physician you want to be.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user