M1/M2 summer plans thread: final vacation edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Tony T. Chopper

Professional Whippersnapper
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
M1s stop reading those lecture slides and get in here. Who's got summer plans already? Some of my classmates are trying to solidify road trip/international travel plans together, while lining up some nice ECs for good measure. Faculty has been absolute broken records about telling everyone to chill and not worry about filling up their vacation time with work.

What are you going to be up to?

Members don't see this ad.

Trying to find research outside my institution, if not, I will definitely take summer off. No point wasting what will potentially be my last vacation of medical school (well not sure how 3rd and 4th vacation time plays out since there are interviews and boards etc.).

Reactions: 1 user
If I don't get some solid clinical research from the local hospital, I'm def taking the summer off. I'm not going to waste my final summer on some bench research just to get a poster. Forget that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Trying to find research outside my institution, if not, I will definitely take summer off. No point wasting what will potentially be my last vacation of medical school (well not sure how 3rd and 4th vacation time plays out since there are interviews and boards etc.).

Senoritis after Match Day. The school can't touch you anymore. LOL

Reactions: 1 users
Senoritis after Match Day. The school can't touch you anymore. LOL
lol I've had senioritis this whole year. "you want to see the new consult?" Me: "In a minute, have to grab coffee first." Love 4th year

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-clinical students should spend time shadowing specialties they may be interested in.

You'll have plenty time to vacation come 4th year. I do not even remember the last H&P I performed.

M1s stop reading those lecture slides and get in here. Who's got summer plans already? Some of my classmates are trying to solidify road trip/international travel plans together, while lining up some nice ECs for good measure. Faculty has been absolute broken records about telling everyone to chill and not worry about filling up their vacation time with work.

What are you going to be up to?
I'm a simple man. I see shark typing, I get in.
As MS2: I spent my last Summer doing pointless non productive research on campus <- worst decision ever. DO NOT DO THIS, go out and have fun and do the stuff thtat you wanna do and never had the chance to do!

As MS2: I spent my last Summer doing pointless non productive research on campus <- worst decision ever. DO NOT DO THIS, go out and have fun and do the stuff thtat you wanna do and never had the chance to do!
Did you do bench work research? What were some thing you did not enjoy about it?

Thanks for the confirmation. Def not doing bench research since all the specialties that I'm interested in are not competitive at the moment.

Planning on doing both bench (doing some now, but in a subject I'm highly interested in; getting paid too) and clinical research (sending out emails this weekend to local institutions and physicians at local hospitals).