M1/M2 Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lurker123456789

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am in a completely systems based curriculum (i.e. we start learning pathology from day 1) and I have a ten week summer coming up then another 6 months before Step 1. Would it be more useful to go back and study all the things my school didn't cover from the systems we've already done and then review what we did cover, or to try to get ahead on year 2 stuff? Or try to do both? I've got a pretty good research schedule set up and am on a project that is very flexible.

Members don't see this ad.

So I am in a completely systems based curriculum (i.e. we start learning pathology from day 1) and I have a ten week summer coming up then another 6 months before Step 1. Would it be more useful to go back and study all the things my school didn't cover from the systems we've already done and then review what we did cover, or to try to get ahead on year 2 stuff? Or try to do both? I've got a pretty good research schedule set up and am on a project that is very flexible.
Personal opinion, but I think going back and reviewing and mastering old material is much more efficient and beneficial than trying to pre-study future material.

Reactions: 5 users