M1 QBanks in Traditional Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greentealeaves

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy New Years! I just had a question about doing QBanks in a traditional curriculum. I find that it’s tough for me to answer a lot of the questions in USMLE RX and Amboss because even their non path questions have a lot of path in them. What do you think of the strategy of doing Pathoma chapters 1-4 and then the relevant Pathoma chapter for a given block (say respiratory), doing a bunch of questions in that unit?

I am going to be done with most of Costanzo, Sketchy Micro and Sketchy Pharm in a couple months. Any help or insight is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Generally for a first year, it might be more useful for you to use questions from a subject specific book like BRS physiology rather than a qbank. I am sure if you asked upperclassmen from your school they could also point to several useful resources.

Reactions: 6 users
I have used Rx, and I found about 50% of the questions in our first semester (e.g. anatomy) are things we didn't learn in class, mostly pathology and interpreting lab values. Would also like to know if there's a good QBank out there for traditional curriculum M1s.