M1 Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Isoprop

Fascinating, tell me more
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas for summer that's (a) not research, (b) not shadowing, and (c) not traveling abroad/language immersion.

Something along the lines of teaching/mentoring would be great.

Anyone willing to help or share ideas? Anyone know of any specific opportunities anywhere in the country?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking for ideas for summer that's (a) not research, (b) not shadowing, and (c) not traveling abroad/language immersion.

Something along the lines of teaching/mentoring would be great.

Anyone willing to help or share ideas? Anyone know of any specific opportunities anywhere in the country?

image.php

Have you thought about teaching for Kaplan, like teaching the MCAT for instance? It's something I think about a lot but I am not doing it this summer because I will be learning French and doing observerships but it's something I've considered.

You might also think about volunteering or working at a summer camp for kids with various illnesses. Frankly I hate being outside and kids aren't my favourite age group, so you wouldn't catch me dead, but some people enjoy it.

Members don't see this ad :)
ah f*** it. i'm gonna find a beach and play this summer.

Our gross anatomy and neuroanatomy course director hire students for the summer to TA for PA students and/or dissect the prosection cadavers for the incoming class. The people I know that did it said it was minimal work with a decent stipend. Maybe your school has something similar?

Unless you live in a pretty awesome area of the country it would probably be way more fun to road trip though.

Screw the beach, I just thought of a better idea.

Must. Start. Saving. Money.

If you can't swing that trip you should hit up the Oregon coast. I went with my fiance for two weeks after I finished basic officer training last summer. We flew into Portland, rented a car, and drove all up and down the coast. Highly recommend it. Especially if you like craft beer.