M2 books for 3rd Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ghostpepper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone talk me out of thinking FA and RR Path are going to be useful for 3rd year. Did any of you guys ever refer back to any sources like these during clinical years or should I sell?

Members don't see this ad.

Someone talk me out of thinking FA and RR Path are going to be useful for 3rd year. Did any of you guys ever refer back to any sources like these during clinical years or should I sell?

I think I actually looked at RR Path like twice for some basic pathophys stuff during mid-third year. That was it. But I never sold that or FA, because I had put so much effort (and annotating) into both that I wanted to kind of keep them as a masochistic souvenir.

No, you likely will not need them at all in the future. But you also probably won't get much money if you sell them, either.

Reactions: 2 users
I thought RR Path was excellent to look back at during Internal Medicine (to understand pathophysiology) or during OB-Gyn (Reproductive chapter). MS-3 builds on this knowledge and takes it to the next step.

Most people I know didn't sell their First Aid bc they put so much blood, sweat, and tears in annotating throughout the book. Getting through Step 1 is sort of a right of passage for most medical students.

I'm sure there will be some naive, gungho MS-1 who will be happy to buy it from you and take it off your hands when you're done with Step 2 CK.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I actually looked at RR Path like twice for some basic pathophys stuff during mid-third year. That was it. But I never sold that or FA, because I had put so much effort (and annotating) into both that I wanted to kind of keep them as a masochistic souvenir.

No, you likely will not need them at all in the future. But you also probably won't get much money if you sell them, either.
I'd buy your FA for $40.

I'd buy your FA for $40.

I unbound mine and had it put in a 3 ring binder. I recently found it in my basement when cleaning. I had forgotten that circa 2010 GWDS was a douche and printed out a giant 3-digit number as my inspiration/incentive and attached it to the front of said binder. I came up 1 point short.

Reactions: 4 users
I looked at mine briefly during IM (my first rotation) but that was it. I too kept mine because I put so much damn effort into it. There must be hundreds of hours worth of writing and drawings in that binder that I don't think I could ever bring myself to toss it. Or sell it.

Reactions: 1 user
Unbound first aid, hole punched it, put it in a nice 3 ring binder, inserted looseleaf between every single page, and diligently annotated the chit out of it with uworld. Threw the whole thing away the day after step.

I unbound mine and had it put in a 3 ring binder. I recently found it in my basement when cleaning. I had forgotten that circa 2010 GWDS was a douche and printed out a giant 3-digit number as my inspiration/incentive and attached it to the front of said binder. I came up 1 point short.

It must be difficult, facing your inadequacies

Reactions: 4 users

Those moments when you get a 279 and realize your whole life is a failure trolololol

Reactions: 1 users

Haha. I already got a few decent offers for mine, but I won't be selling. If there's a book I spend more than a month with/read more than thrice, I add it to my library.

Hey, now! I'm sure quite a few of us have done something similar.

Haha. I already got a few decent offers for mine, but I won't be selling. If there's a book I spend more than a month with/read more than thrice, I add it to my library.

Hey, now! I'm sure quite a few of us have done something similar.

This makes no sense to me, why would people want to buy a book that's written in? The whole value in the notes is in writing them yourself so you know what it says and why it says it. They remind you of something that you might have forgotten during your studies. Reading someone else's note aren't nearly as valuable.

This makes no sense to me, why would people want to buy a book that's written in? The whole value in the notes is in writing them yourself so you know what it says and why it says it. They remind you of something that you might have forgotten during your studies. Reading someone else's note aren't nearly as valuable.
You'll have to ask them. I've sold a few books over msrp.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I mean if everything from uworld + rx + pathoma is annotated into it...that saves you a lot of time. I typed up most of my annotations too so no handwriting problems.

I never wrote a thing into my FA. I hardly used this book other than for a few tables/mnemonics.

Pretty sure I'm not going to crack open a single 2nd year book this year. So glad to be done with that BS.

Some feel that if a particular student got a high score then getting all the info the person had written in their FA is a good surrogate to knowing the info the person knew so they can get their own high score.