M2s and OMS2s, what's your winter break plan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted978973

My current plan: Do a pass through Sketchy Micro and Pharm to relearn all the bugs and all the drugs. I really struggled with those... Am a DO student so a 1st pass through Savarese Green Book (I believe someone made an Anki deck that corresponds to it?). Then to begin UWorld. What's everyone else doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I did absolutely nothing both years haha

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Catching up on ZANKI is a big one
Trying to finish up USMLE Rx
Starting to explore Uworld
Probably will have to reanalyze and/or collect some more data for a project to try and get beyond descriptive statistics

Most Important --> Making a pre-dedicated and dedicated period game plan so I can hit the ground running

I will probably take a few days off to see some old friends and go to family events.

LOL literally nothing except keep up with Zanki

Reactions: 3 users
For real I've got like 3,000 reviews that I need to catch up on.

Tell me about it....

1571950993717.png

Reactions: 2 users
Im gonna keep up with the Zanki I already have going, and add in all the biochem cards over the course of the break. We did Biochem first thing M1, and I’ve never done those cards cause I hadn’t discovered Anki at that point

Practice questions. I'm sick of anki cards. I find them so boring already. I'm spending more time doing practice questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Practice questions. I'm sick of anki cards. I find them so boring already. I'm spending more time doing practice questions.
Ya I'm starting UWorld this weekend... I do 500-600 cards per day right now and they really start becoming a drag after the first 250 or so.

During my 2nd year I did nothing but chill. During the second week I made a pre-dedicated boards study schedule. Basically sat down and made a schedule where I did 1 system per week and made sure it didn’t overlap with my classwork.

How many hours a day do ya'll spend on Anki? We recently finished Block 1 (Immuno/Micro/Biochem/Genetics/Basic Anat) and started Block 2 (MSK) now and I wanna start it before it gets too hectic, I saw that for Zanki or something just the Biochemistry Deck alone is like 1.2K cards.

How many hours a day do ya'll spend on Anki? We recently finished Block 1 (Immuno/Micro/Biochem/Genetics/Basic Anat) and started Block 2 (MSK) now and I wanna start it before it gets too hectic, I saw that for Zanki or something just the Biochemistry Deck alone is like 1.2K cards.

The earlier you start the better! A lot of students discover Zanki their 2nd year and although it's not too late, if you want to finish the deck you need to do almost 100 new cards a day which is no easy feat. If you start now you can pace yourself at an easy 50 new cards a day and it won't be too overwhelming for you

Once you start to get a decent amount matured (I’m on around 800 matured), it goes quicker. I did 600 cards yesterday in 2 hours.

Reactions: 2 users