MA law exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

provigil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am soon planning to take law exam for Massachusetts. Any thoughts or comments regarding the study material and type of questions.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also taking the MA MPJE in a few days. I was told to go over the Controlled Substance Act, the 247 CMR sections 2.00 - 15.00 DPH Regulations 105 CMR Sections 720-722, the MGL (mass generel laws) Chapters 13,112, and 95C, MA Pharmacy Board composition, Pharmacist ratios, and different tech responsibilitis. Also, Federal Regs about Misbranding, Adulteration....to be honest...I'm not really sure exactly what or how much to study either. On the MA Board of Pharmacy website, you can get a copy of all of the regulations, state and federal. There's also an outline of what to study which is where I got most of this info.

Did you go to school in MA? If you or anyone else who has recently taken the MA MPJE, I'd appreciate any info. How detailed are the questions??? From what I've heard, everyone comes out of the exam feeling like they've guessed on every question!

provigil said:
Hi! I am soon planning to take law exam for Massachusetts. Any thoughts or comments regarding the study material and type of questions.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I have heard the same thing you have mentioned. People come out with a feeling that they failed but eventually they all Pass.

I actually took the exam on Saturday, and was sure that I failed. I've been bummed out for days, and then found out that I passed yesterday. I still haven't gotten my score yet...but it doesn't even matter! the hardest part about the exam for me were the "k" questions. I felt like I was guessing so many times becuase I knew that I and II were right, but wasn't sure if I, II and III were correct. Using only the materials listed on the MA board website apparently was sufficient, but there seemed to be more Federal law than I was prepared for.

When do you take your exam? DId you go to school in MA? If you did, at least you'll be more familiar with the state laws. Good luck in your studies, and let me know if you have any questions.