MA/MS in Counseling/Community/Mental Health Psychology Acception/Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LieblichMadchen

Determination is the key
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I noticed that there aren't many acceptance or rejection threads for masters programs... If you have received an acceptance or rejection from any masters programs you applied to, please list in this thread.

Has anyone heard anything from Pacific University yet?:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Got accepted 2 weeks ago via mail to Monmouth University's program in NJ. Nervous about it since I'm 47 and haven't been in grad school since 1987. Now it's a whole new ballgame with two young kids to take care of while going to school!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This may be another question but which universities did you all apply?

I applied to 3 programs—all Masters in Counseling—Old Dominion University, William & Mary, and Virginia Tech Roanoke. Now comes the waiting game.

Where did you apply @Svetiichka ?

I applied to UNC Greensboro, North Carolina Central, and will apply to East Carolina University in about two weeks. UNCG and NC Central are Masters of Counselor Ed and East Carolina is Masters of Substance Abuse and Clinical Counseling. I have one interview in two weeks. Hopefully I'll get in somewhere.

Update:
Waitlisted at William & Mary.
Still waiting to hear back from Old Dominion University.
Virginia Tech Roanoke just told me the entire Counselor Education faculty is going to recommend me for admission to their Graduate School department, and I'll hear back from the Dean of Admissions in what I'm guessing will be a couple to a few weeks.

Any other war stories, colleagues-in-arms?

Last edited:
Update:
Rejection at UNC Greensboro
Still waiting to hear from NC Central
Interviewed at East Carolina on the 22nd, will have decision by third week of April.

Fingers crossed and prayers up.