Made a Mistake in my Supplemental - Did I Ruin my Chances? :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuretoothdoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

In one of my supplemental applications I was asked to list all my undergraduate institutions. I have a total of 3 I have previously attended and there is one more which I was planning to attend this fall along with my primary institution. I included the 3 I already went to but the 4th one slipped my mind and I forgot to include it :( And I couldn't go back and edit it after submitting. However, this school is included in my AADSAS app and I did email admissions and haven't gotten a response back yet. Do you guys think my app will be voided? The school is pretty close-by to me so I was thinking about going in to talk to them in person. Is that weird? Do people usually go in to talk to admissions like that?

Thanks!
I would not go in person. I think your email was the right course of action. Try not to freak out - a school slipping your mind is not a giant mistake, especially since they already have that info in AADSAS. Obviously it doesn't look good but it's not the end of the world. I honestly believe you did not ruin your chances :)

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I probably wouldn't go in person, but I would follow up with them via email to ask if the correction was noted. You definitely want your correspondence documented in writing.

I don't think that one mistake would harm you too much, especially since you got to them before they got to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
No big deal. You emailed them about the mistake. I wouldn't worry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I completely forgot to include the supplemental essay in my application to UNLV. I submitted and then realized my error. Like you, I sent them an email with the essay attached and stated that I understood if the admissions committee couldn't consider it, but just in case they were willing....long story short, I got an interview to UNLV, so I think you're fine! No need to stress about it :)

I completely forgot to include the supplemental essay in my application to UNLV. I submitted and then realized my error. Like you, I sent them an email with the essay attached and stated that I understood if the admissions committee couldn't consider it, but just in case they were willing....long story short, I got an interview to UNLV, so I think you're fine! No need to stress about it :)

There was a supplemental essay for UNLV?! I applied there but I didn't see one!!

There was a supplemental essay for UNLV?! I applied there but I didn't see one!!

Sorry, I may have misspoke. I believe the question was worded more along the lines of "is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself." It was optional! But I saw it as pretty important way to showcase some of what wasn't captured in my overall application. Certainly embarrassing to tell the admissions committee I forgot to fill it out. Hope I didn't cause you undue worry!