Made AMCAS mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotgame83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im so frustrated right now. I made two mistakes on listing my classes in AMCAS. The first is I am doing research with my professor this summer and this was not listed as credits on the printed out copy i recieved from student records a month ago, but I just spoke with my professor and she said she added it to count as credits to my fall classes and I went down to student records and its on my transcripts now! I asked them if it was on the trascripts they sent to AMCAS and they said yes.

My second mistake is I received AP credit from highschool and I accidently forgot to list a course I received history credit for. I mean I didnt get a grade for it but I just mistakenly didnt enter it. Im not sure what I should do now! Who the hell makes these kind of mistakes(me waving my hand)

They strictly say no changes can be made. Will schools be able to see that I just made a small mistake, I mean they will have a copy of my transcripts wont they so they can see that I took these classes and did fine, its not like I failed a class and i was trying to keep them from knowing it. So frustrated right now! Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, On other forums (not medically related) im always telling ppls to do a search before asking questions. I guess I was so frustrated that I didnt do that. Apparently I just did a search and apparently I can really hope that AMCAS will see that Im not trying to be dishonest by leaving off information which would only make me look better and they MIGHT add it in for me, and if not then I guess I could always send a letter to the schools admissions office. Does this sound about right? Any more advice would be appreciated. Damn this is gonna bother me for a while...

I'd say the best thing to do is call AMCAS people and see what they say to do about it. If there are mistakes, aren't they supposed to send it back to you with the errors anyways??? I'd call them ASAP and ask them what to do about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the email they sent me back:

Solution:
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting AMCAS.

We will verify your application with whichever transcript is on file - if the
research credit is on the transcript, we will verify the course, otherwise, it
will not be verfied.

If you left out a course that appears on your official transcript, verification
will typically add the course during the verification process.

If you have any questions or if we can be of additional assistance, please
contact us at [email protected] or (202) 828-0600.

woohoo, I still have a chance at med school lol Wow, thats a relief. I emailed them this morning but I had to go to philly to shadow a doctor today so I just got back to my computer now.