Magna Cum Laude worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KofQuimica

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I retake an upper level history course and get As in almost all of my classes then I can get Magna Cum Laude. You guys think its worth it? If i dont take that class then i get mondays off. I might have an acceptance soon, and I have two more interviews in next ten days. so its not really for med school.

Members don't see this ad.

Eh, if it happens it happens, I wouldn't expend a lot of energy trying to achieve it if you are almost in anyway and it won't affect your application anyway. I say take a day off.

Looks like someone is trying to imitate Qofquimica by stealing her name.

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:

Yep. :laugh:

I have been looking for my Q where is she? :love:

KofQuimica said:
I have been looking for my Q where is she? :love:

You are too funny.

gujuDoc said:

That's exactly what I was thinking! The real question is, can you beat her avatar???

(Wow, when did I become such a nerd? I doubt any of my friends even know what an avatar is!)

RunnerMD said:
That's exactly what I was thinking! The real question is, can you beat her avatar???

(Wow, when did I become such a nerd? I doubt any of my friends even know what an avatar is!)

I got embarrassed the day I learned how to spell it so I could ask somebody about theirs. :oops:

It's a single class - why not. Even if med schools can't see it, I'd do it for the hell of it.

KofQuimica said:
If I retake an upper level history course and get As in almost all of my classes then I can get Magna Cum Laude. You guys think its worth it? If i dont take that class then i get mondays off. I might have an acceptance soon, and I have two more interviews in next ten days. so its not really for med school.
No.

I thought that K was banned once before for using this name and asking where Q is.

Anyway, about your question: if you really want magna cum laude, you should go for it. Don't let extra work get in the way of your dreams. During my last semester of college, I had to take 15 credits (I only needed 9 to graduate), write a thesis, and get As in all of my classes to get magna. It was a rough semester, but the end result was worth the effort.

in the long run, nobody will care about your honors for your bachelor's degree. That being said, it caps off well your accomplishment so if you're doing it for YOU then go ahead and do it. I've mulled this over and decided that if i screwed up next quarter, I would definitely take more classes in the spring quarter to stay summa.