mailing secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fadedrebel

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok.. this is a really wussy question... but for secondaries printed out off the net, or from schools who did not provide a self-addressed return envelope, did u guys mail the secondaries back in a manilla envelope (9x11inch) or did u guys just fold the secondaries and stuff them in those little white 1/3-of-a-page-size envelopes?

Members don't see this ad.

Go for the big manila envelopes, that's what I'm doing.

I've sent all of mine in legal envelopes, but i am really enviro. Save a tree man!

Honestly, I don't think it matters. As long as it is neat and clean.

Isid;)

Members don't see this ad :)
For me, it depended on how much I was sending back. If it was just a few sheets of paper, I used a small envelope. But for schools such as Tulane, where you have to print off and send them your amcas as well as secondary, I used a manila.

i always use priority mail. maybe i am paranoid but i think the $3.85 is well worth the security of sending them that way.

big envelopes; they're cheap - go to riteaid or CVS and get 25 for like $5.
I dont like thinking about my application looking all rolled up and creased and stuff.

I took the middle of the road. I chose the envelopes that are about half that size, so that way I would only have to fold it once, regardless of size. (except for the Tulane one...that one was really big)