Mailman isn't showing me love!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHope30

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My mailbox is empty except for advertisements for college of osteopathic schools and podiatry schools….Is that a signal for the rejections upcoming?

And before the bashing begins, there is absolutely nothing wrong with these types of schools. All provide trained members in the health care system. They are just not for me!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat. Just hang in there. Things will get better soon. Keep in mind that no news is better than bad news (i.e. rejection.) I'd much rather come home to a mailbox full of junkmail rather than rejections! If you want some laughs, your post reminded me of a similar thread from last year. Check it out. It's hilarious.

<a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=003143" target="_blank">Sexy Mailman Thread from Last Year</a>

I'm in the same boat as you guys...I guess all we can do is to wait.

praying4MD, that link you posted is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DrHope30:
•My mailbox is empty except for advertisements for college of osteopathic schools and podiatry schools&#8230;.Is that a signal for the rejections upcoming?•••

NOPE. My Mialbox drought lasted 6 weeks! Now, I have 3 rejections, 3 interviews, and one acceptance! Still havent heard from the other three after secondary. So hang in there--It'll happen.

The sexy mailman thread was hilarious! :D But you know what? I was so busy packing and getting ready to leave for New York tonight, that I forgot to check my mailbox!! Well there will be that much more junk to sift through upon my return, with hopefully a little something more as a reward for my incredible restraint today! :D

My mailbox drought has now lasted 117 days (almost 17 weeks for those counting). I dropped my first secondary in the mailbox on August 2. I have heard nothing (except for application complete postcards and stuff) from any of my schools regarding interviews or rejections. I took the April MCAT so it's not an August MCAT situation or anything. It's like a bad day fishing...no bites (which of course rarely happens in Alaska and is just something I'm not used to). I now respect patient people much more than I ever have, and do not understand this process one bit. I am kicking myself that I didn't apply EDP anywhere since I doubt it would have made one iota difference whether I submitted my primary application on July 6 (as I did) or on October 6 (assuming I didn't get in EDP). Sometimes I just want to scream, but then I think better of it and just thank the good Lord that I at least have the opportunity to apply at all -- I live in a wonderful country and am truly grateful for it even if I can't get into medical school...

Not gettin any lovin' here either ;) After four quick interview invites my mailbox/inbox has been empty of good news - yet I continue to check mail/email with anticipation each day...what a life :(

On a brighter note, I just got an awesome deal on plane tickets from AZ to NYC on Expedia - $190 round trip!

mpp,
What a nice comment at the end! Way to look at life from such a great perspective! Good luck to you and may your mailbox soon be brimming with good news!