Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

euge0418

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody out there doign rotations there, or in an internship/residency there? How is it?

Thanks

------------------
MS-III, NSU-COM

Members don't see this ad.

Maimo is affiliated with my school, but I believe most students try to avoid rotating there. No one who ends up rotating through Maimo comes back with a smile on his face.

It's also the hospital where some urologist took out the wrong kidney, tried to cover it up, only to have the patient die six months later. I'm not saying that this makes it a bad hospital, but it may be an indication of just how tip-top Maimo is.

Like any hospital, it has its share of problems.

Other students which rotate there are from NYCOM, St. George's, and Ross.

Tim of New York City.

I'm doing Peds there right now. Basically, it depends on your residents are - almost all of mine have been great but there are a few whom I would never want to work for or with again. Academically the rotation is excellent but you will spend 3/4 of your time in lectures and meetings; you will have very little hands-on experience, with the exception of histories and patient presentations. You will have extensive contact with the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the department, which is good if you would like to try to get a recommendation letter - at least they know who you are! Overall, it's a good place to do Peds; you'll learn a lot.

DOLady: Thanks so much for your reply!! I am interested in Peds, especially, so please email me [email protected]. I have some questions for you!