Maimonides or Geisinger

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by im2003, Oct 23, 2002.

1. im2003

im2003 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am completing a month of elective at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn and Geisinger Medical Center in Danville and was wondering if anyone else has done an elective there. If so, what was the experience like? What was good? What was bad? Thanks.

2. dankatzzz

dankatzzz Member
    7+ Year Member

I haven't done rotations there, but applied to OB/GYN residency at Maimonides. Do you happen to know anything about this residency? Are the residents happy? How is the hospital? How is the area (I know it is orthodox Jewish)?
    Thanks for the info,
    Daniel

3. Su4n2

Su4n2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Daniel,
    i am not yet a med student., so take what i say with a grain of salt and do your own investigation. i have 2 friends that rotated thru Maimo for OB/GYN. one is a resident now, one is a med student. both of them said that the OB residents were v.bitchy and had cat fights. one said that they had t bring in a psychologist for group counseling. the other said that they all had turf wars, etc. but it is a nice area, i would recommend to visit to see the population. again, all this is word of mouth from my two friends. susan