Main Parts of PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Certified Corsair

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am writing my PS and was wondering what the main points should be. I started with a quick story of what got me interested in medicine, then what I did in college briefly, and how it helped me figure out choosing podiatry. Should I explain something more in depth than other things? I didn't plan on mentioning anything grade/MCAT related on it either. Any input helpful.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just experiences and why you chose podiatry...

-My moms diabetes exposed me early
-severe foot fetish, just love halitosis of the feet.
-shadowing thoughts.

Just experiences and why you chose podiatry...

-My moms diabetes exposed me early
-severe foot fetish, just love halitosis of the feet.
-shadowing thoughts.
Alright thanks! I just wasn't sure if it could be as simple as "experiences leading to choice of podiatry"

Members don't see this ad :)
My PS started off how I got interested in medicine, and then became more focused on how I made my way to podiatry. That's a good template

Reactions: 1 user
My PS started off how I got interested in medicine, and then became more focused on how I made my way to podiatry. That's a good template
That's good to know! I had no clue if I was writing in the right direction and wanted to clarify before I make one fully.

My PS was heavy on how Appalachia (where I am from) is underserved and its epidemics with health, as well as how important medicine and legislation is concerning where we are politically. Very little was actually wrote about myself, which I realize is unorthodox,

My essay had barely anything that could be found on my application. I told a story of how my background has influenced what characteristics I excel in and how these traits could be used in practice.

So you're exactly on track! Show them your relate-ability and empathy!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
What Scrubing said.

What makes you, you?

If it was already stated or seen in my resume/transcripts then I left it out.

Your PS is your back story and conviction.

Just finished a very rough draft of my PS. Would anyone be willing to give it a read to see if I am at least on the right path?? Any criticism is accepted. You can hack it to pieces if you take pleasure in that as well. I was never going to make money being a writer that's for sure.:rofl:

Just finished a very rough draft of my PS. Would anyone be willing to give it a read to see if I am at least on the right path?? Any criticism is accepted. You can hack it to pieces if you take pleasure in that as well. I was never going to make money being a writer that's for sure.:rofl:

I'm down.

There's an insufferable pissing contest downstairs from a lot of well-to do pre-healthcare field undergrads.

Literally just sitting in my room surfing the web.

Send it.

Oh me too! Send it to my inbox :)

You can send it to me if you need additional feedback.

Reactions: 1 users
Would anyone like to give me feedback on my personal statement
Send it over. I have a few that I still need to read so I will probably get back to you Monday or Tuesday.

*Threads merged to keep the PS topic in one place*

Send it over. I have a few that I still need to read so I will probably get back to you Monday or Tuesday.

*Threads merged to keep the PS topic in one place*

Maybe the pre-pod forums should have a sticky at the top for personal statements