main/supplemental lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pikachu

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey -
For those of us who ranked a prelim program on the main list, if the NRMP email says "you have matched," does this mean you matched both rad onc and the prelim spots or could it be that you matched the prelim only, but because it was on your main list, you were told that you matched, not specific to the prelim program? Or are all prelim spots reported as PGY-1 only? Any clarification would help, I'm confused (and paranoid)!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

it should tell you if you match in both. good luck.

I had asked this in the general forum...here's the link. It seems that if it says "you have matched", they mean both advanced and prelim. I wish the'd specify it a little better, though...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=181063

Congratulations to all who matched.
pikachu said:
Hey -
For those of us who ranked a prelim program on the main list, if the NRMP email says "you have matched," does this mean you matched both rad onc and the prelim spots or could it be that you matched the prelim only, but because it was on your main list, you were told that you matched, not specific to the prelim program? Or are all prelim spots reported as PGY-1 only? Any clarification would help, I'm confused (and paranoid)!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah but if you ranked IM or prelim spots as a backup residency (after listing your radonc interviews), if it says you matched, you dont know if you matched into radonc or im or prelims....

Wouldn't a prelim spot still be listed as a pgy-1 spot whether it was on the main list or the supplemental one though?

This has been discussed in the anesthesia forum.
See the links:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=185912&page=2&pp=20
with post from "siednarb"
and
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=185912&page=3&pp=20
with post from "UHS05"

I hope that's right b/c I'm in the same boat. But it all seems logical b/c if they don't specify and the school does not call you, how do you know if you have to scramble for PGY-1 or PGY2-5??? Then again, who's to say my thinking is the same as the NRMPs? :)

Actually, in that case it would say "Congratulations, you have matched into a one year position". I confirmed with the NRMP by phone...

I know we're all a little bit neurotic right now :eek: but hopefully this information is correct. I guess if someone that matched into a PGY1 program at the bottom of their supplemental list posted what they received in their email, we could confirm this. In any case, congratulations!!! Looking forward to working with some of you in July 2006

radonc said:
yeah but if you ranked IM or prelim spots as a backup residency (after listing your radonc interviews), if it says you matched, you dont know if you matched into radonc or im or prelims....

That what it would say with scramble instructions... well, that's what it said for me... oh the scramble here I come...

UHS05 said:
Actually, in that case it would say "Congratulations, you have matched into a one year position". I confirmed with the NRMP by phone...

I know we're all a little bit neurotic right now :eek: but hopefully this information is correct. I guess if someone that matched into a PGY1 program at the bottom of their supplemental list posted what they received in their email, we could confirm this. In any case, congratulations!!! Looking forward to working with some of you in July 2006