Maine Pharmacy Schools and Job Outlook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calid90

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am currently living in central Maine and am applying to the University of New England and Husson for next Fall. My stats: PCAT--86, GPA --3.0 overall, 3.5 science. Bachelor's Degree in Biology from the Univ. of Maine.

Given my competition (and reading entering student statistics from Husson, average PCAT of 33) I think I have a good chance of getting into both schools and having to choose between the two. So, I am wondering if anyone has experience at either of these schools? What factors should I consider when deciding on a pharmacy school (tuition is basically the same).

Likewise, I see that job market is saturated in big cities around the country. If I plan to stay in Maine, do you think I will have trouble finding work? What does the job market in Maine look like to those already in the industry? Do you think Pharmacists in more saturated areas are having to move to places like Maine to find jobs?

Thanks!
-Cali

Members don't see this ad.

A few years ago recruiters were BEGGING rphs to move there! probably still the same as it is so isolated. Go ask your local rite aid and let us know. I am curious
Retail saturation is over-stated on this forum. Positions open all the time in retail even in great cities as the job is truly tiring- people quit

A few years ago recruiters were BEGGING rphs to move there! probably still the same as it is so isolated. Go ask your local rite aid and let us know. I am curious
Retail saturation is over-stated on this forum. Positions open all the time in retail even in great cities as the job is truly tiring- people quit
Thanks for the response. I will do that the next time I am in Rite Aid.