Medical Major change sGPA and cGPA - Do I have a chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I switched majors after 3.5 years of computer science and was not doing well in that field (passing but not good. I finished that final semester with a cumulative gpa of 2.89 (with repeats in calc 1&2) so idk what my MD/DO gpa would have been at the time.
I did some soul searching and took some time and switched my major to pursue medical and my last semester GPAs have been (first Premed semester to last) GPA(credits): 3.3(15), 3.6 (15), 4.0 (12), 3.98 (16), 4.0 (16), 4.0 (8), 4.0(8)
After calculating my MD/DO gpa/sGPA with regards to those repeats and first 3.5 years I have a cGPA of 2.95 and sGPA of 3.55.
Do you think this upward trajectory after my major change and sGPA can make up for my poor cGPA? Also I have not yet taken the MCAT, will be taking in May.
Please give year by year GPAs

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry it took me some time to calculate all this out.

Class Standing cGPAs:
Freshmen: 2.33
Sophomore: 2.23
Junior: 2.54
Senior: 3.99
Postbac Course work: 4.00

Cumulative sGPA by year:
Freshmen: 2.65
Sophomore: 2.43
Junior: 2.72
Senior: 3.46
If you actually did a post-bac with a 4.0 you may be back in the running.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I agree I guess I would revise my question to with the given stats, what kind of MCAT score would I need to get to make this a competitive application? I posted a reply with some of my EC's and PC hours in another reply. Thank you all for your help!
We hold to our general advice: 510+ for allopathic medicine 505+ for osteopathic medicine, 500+ for podiatric medicine. There will be nuances by school due to holistic review and match to their school's stated educational mission and raison d'etre.

Status
Not open for further replies.