major differences between tests?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownemily22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, which set of materials is representative of the real mcat (esp the PS)? i have some practice items from aamc that i have been working with but they are dated as 1991; i have a ton of kaplan stuff, and i have a PR book with 2 diagnostic mcats inside.
the kaplan science is waaaayyyyy harder than the other two.... which is right???

Members don't see this ad.

try getting some of the newer aamc stuff

this close to the real thing, dont bother doing the physics sections on the kaplan exams, they're not gonna help that much.
i've heard good stuff about EK, so u might wanna check this out, but again, this close to the exam, i dunno how many practice exams u wanna take

thanks for the advice. i got the online version of aamc 3 - $10, not bad. so the question is why does kaplan make PS so hard? not just hard, but so detailed and calculation-intensive? what's the point? seems like a waste of time and frustration. i just hope the real mcat is not like that b/c i am not spending the next few days memorizing every equation in the book......