1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Major LOR Problem?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dhaider, Jul 25, 2011.

1. dhaider

Hi everyone, I would really like some advice on this situation.

So, I took a speech composition class 2 years ago. It was a small class (30 kids), taught only by a graduate student. There was no professor teaching the class with her. So, when I asked for a LOR, i never thought about getting a co-signature from a professor. Now, as I was getting ready to send my letters out i realized that several schools say "all graduate student letters must be co-signed by a professor."

So, I talked to the head of the communication department and he sent a letter on my behalf which states that 1: My instructor was the sole instructor for the course 2: the name of the professor who supervised the TA's ." This letter will be attached to the letter from the grad student when it is sent to the medical schools.

What do you guys think, am I in trouble, or will this be ok. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NickNaylor

NickNaylor Thank You for Smoking
    Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Depends. I would get in touch with individual schools and see what they say. To be honest I think you were in trouble as soon as you got a letter from a graduate student rather than a full professor.

4. aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    +1