Majoring in Psychology

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sistermike, Jun 21, 2002.

1. sistermike

sistermike Senior Member

I am just curious to whether anyone here decided to major in Psychology?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Kirk

Kirk Senior Member

I am a Psychology Major... I am currently applying to my State School (Kansas University) through the EDP. I find Psych to be very interesting, and very applicable to the patients I hope to one day see. I havn't decided if I am interested enough to go into Psychiatry, but I looking forward to doing a rotation there!

Kirk

4. daisypinaymph

daisypinaymph Junior Member

I graduated with a BS in Psych. Physio Psych helped with anatomy & physio.....but towards the end of my senior year...I wished I majored in something else because my interest in psych disappeared! :confused: I had no choice to stick with it..but my preMed classes made my undergrad career interesting! :) Also, I had a chance to gain many research opportunities with some of my professors...healthcare related experiments that were conducted by grad students...so I guess it was worth it!

MY ADVICE: Major in anything you have an interest in! :D

5. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member

HEY NOW!!! I sported the daisy picture long before you came along!! :rolleyes:

Oh well... I like this one better anyway :p

FYI: Psychology majors tend to do really well on the verbal section fo the MCAT :)