1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Make notecards vs. Use Chad's/Khan videos

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by jdido09, Jul 23, 2011.

1. jdido09

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I am giving myself about 4 days to do content review since I just finished all of the content for SN2ed's schedule. I am hoping someone else here that has seen benefit from either of these can provide input.

On one hand, I can look over my notes and make notecards of them for each chapter so that I'd be writing them down a second time.

On the other hand, I could use Khan videos or buy Chad's videos and get through as many as possible on weak subjects (Physics + G.C.) over the next 4 days.

Any help is really appreciated!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It all depends on how YOU learn best: notecards or videos.

4. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    What are Chad's videos?

5. Melomare17

5+ Year Member

only the best videos ever!!! (course saver.com without the space)

definitely get chad's videos, go thru them (at like 1.5x speed) and take notes! more beneficial than anything else at this point! easily go thru them all in less than 2 days, take half a day to review the notes you took on videos. highly recommended!

6. muhali3

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    http://www.mcat-review.org

good for when you're done with content review. but just need to brush-up and make sure you know everything.

7. jdido09

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Do most of you make notecards from you BR readings? Or just move on to videos/other sources for a brush up?

8. jab8220

Pre-Medical
    Never heard of Chad's videos, but I used Khan during my prep. I think Khan gives a fundamental view of complex material which translated to me being able to extract the fundamental ideas from complex passages. .02

9. ak21

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

this is EXACTLY what i have been doing recently. they're the best :). and going at 1.5 speed is perfect when u just wanna make sure you know everything

10. Sonyfan08

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    better than Khan academy?

11. ak21

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i would definitely say so. even though Chad doesn't have bio videos all his other videos are amazing. for anyone who doesn't mind spending a few extra bucks his videos are something i would HIGHLY recommend.

12. Melomare17

5+ Year Member

yea chad's vids focuses on the actual topics ull see on the test (no bio though) and doesnt go into very specific stuff, which u would see in a course