Making a dental podcast, help with title

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentpodcast

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I have been shadowing a dentist for the last few months and somehow we ended coming up with this idea to create a dental podcast. The idea behind this podcast is to give anyone interested in dentistry/attending dental school and those who already in dental school a guide for what is to come, as well as tips and tricks we used to make it through.

We plan to cover everything from the point a student enters college -> studying for the DAT -> picking which schools to apply to -> interview tips -> what to expect during dental school -> what to do after you graduate ->buying a practice

We just finished up recording the first podcast but still haven't come up with a name. Any ideas?

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everybody!
I have been shadowing a dentist for the last few months and somehow we ended coming up with this idea to create a dental podcast. The idea behind this podcast is to give anyone interested in dentistry/attending dental school and those who already in dental school a guide for what is to come, as well as tips and tricks we used to make it through.

We plan to cover everything from the point a student enters college -> studying for the DAT -> picking which schools to apply to -> interview tips -> what to expect during dental school -> what to do after you graduate ->buying a practice

We just finished up recording the first podcast but still haven't come up with a name. Any ideas?

Thanks for your input!

This sounds like so much fun and I love podcasts! No idea for a name, but when you come up with one I'd love to hear the first podcast :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'll be sure to post a link so you can listen

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dentists Unite
That is my suggestion.

Dentalk, Dentcast, First Impressions, Prophylaxis Podcast, Suretalk, Dental Discussion, Curing Conversation, Dentition Discussion, Wisdom Extraction

Reactions: 3 users
High-speed podcast, Low-speed lingo, Dental Dialogue, High volume exchange, Lidocaine lounge,

Burnishing babble, Excavating exchange, Canal Conversation, Etch Exchange,

Im having fun here, not sure if any of these are useful. LOL

Reactions: 2 users
First Impressions sounds pretty good

Reactions: 9 users
Super cool idea, hmm The Dental Podcast?

Dentcast? lol

"MATCH INTO HARVARD OMFS WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK" /s

Not creative enough to provide an actual title sadly :( but I'd totally be interested in listening in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your thread sparked a google search... Google

"MATCH INTO HARVARD OMFS WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK" /s

Not creative enough to provide an actual title sadly :( but I'd totally be interested in listening in!

"Dental boards HATE this 30 y/o ortho resident!"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Title : Going to dental school will almost surely wreck your finances

/s

Reactions: 5 users
Plaque street boys
Brace yourself
Word of mouth
Buccal up

First Impressions from previous posts is pretty good

Reactions: 7 users
Wow!
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I definitely have a lot to go off of. Plus reading through this thread was really entertaining.
I'll be sure to post a link up when we air the first episode (should be relatively soon).

Finally got the first episode posted, here is the link:
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey, no too bad. Overall, it was fun, casual, and easy to listen to.
One thing that I would suggest (and only because I feel like your aspirations are a little more than just a casual, off-the-cuff podcast and that you want this to actually be a resource for people) is to be a little more prepared going into it. Anecdotes and stories are good to a point, but if you are wanting people to take you seriously, just have some quick facts or figures ready to go before you even start... or have an extra friend there while you are recording to fact check you or look stuff up as you go like many radio shows do. For example, if you knew you were going to talk about student debt ahead of time, you could have looked up the average student debt. If not, it is just a quick google search away or quickly looking for it on the ASDA website. Same thing with what ADEA stands for or the number of applicants that NYU receives (which is more like 5k... not 15k). Simply getting into dental school or being a dentist doesn't make you an expert on all this. Research does. I don't think it is too much to ask for someone who is as passionate about this as you are to do a little more research before creating a podcast on the topic.
Aside from that, it is probably something I would listen to, assuming there isn't too much repeat material and you interview some credible people on the upcoming topics (a financial advisor about student debt or a dental broker about purchasing a practice).
I think it is great that you are doing this by the way. The idea has crossed my mind a few times, but I just haven't had the time and other stuff has gotten in the way. Good luck with future episodes.

Hey, no too bad. Overall, it was fun, casual, and easy to listen to.
One thing that I would suggest (and only because I feel like your aspirations are a little more than just a casual, off-the-cuff podcast and that you want this to actually be a resource for people) is to be a little more prepared going into it. Anecdotes and stories are good to a point, but if you are wanting people to take you seriously, just have some quick facts or figures ready to go before you even start... or have an extra friend there while you are recording to fact check you or look stuff up as you go like many radio shows do. For example, if you knew you were going to talk about student debt ahead of time, you could have looked up the average student debt. If not, it is just a quick google search away or quickly looking for it on the ASDA website. Same thing with what ADEA stands for or the number of applicants that NYU receives (which is more like 5k... not 15k). Simply getting into dental school or being a dentist doesn't make you an expert on all this. Research does. I don't think it is too much to ask for someone who is as passionate about this as you are to do a little more research before creating a podcast on the topic.
Aside from that, it is probably something I would listen to, assuming there isn't too much repeat material and you interview some credible people on the upcoming topics (a financial advisor about student debt or a dental broker about purchasing a practice).
I think it is great that you are doing this by the way. The idea has crossed my mind a few times, but I just haven't had the time and other stuff has gotten in the way. Good luck with future episodes.

Thank you for the feedback! We'll definitely take this into consideration for the next episode.

Shorter, more structured. Good though.

when is the next one coming out?

Should be out relatively soon. Just trying to decide on what everyone would like to hear about most, and what the best way to notify all the listeners about new episodes.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions feel free to reply or PM me!

Nice podcast! I enjoyed the casual setting. I'm looking forward to the next one.

High-speed podcast, Low-speed lingo, Dental Dialogue, High volume exchange, Lidocaine lounge,

Hahaha I like these a lot!!! might steal them for future ideas :)