Making medicine???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sam012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow student doctors. Recently I've watched couple TV ads showing shady looking doctors (some MDs and a DO) advertising their miracle diet pills. This made me think "hmm, considering that slim & slender is the main stream motto these days, if I can come up with some dictinguishing diet pills I can hope to make some money~..." Personally I think those diet-pills out there are not that hard to make; some pills I've acrossed at super market were just mere epinephrine derivatives. One thing is that in eastern Asian countries where the economies are pretty wealthy adult females go crazy about American goods especially diet food. What do you guys think???

Members don't see this ad.

sam012 said:
Hello fellow student doctors. Recently I've watched couple TV ads showing shady looking doctors (some MDs and a DO) advertising their miracle diet pills. This made me think "hmm, considering that slim & slender is the main stream motto these days, if I can come up with some dictinguishing diet pills I can hope to make some money~..." Personally I think those diet-pills out there are not that hard to make; some pills I've acrossed at super market were just mere epinephrine derivatives. One thing is that in eastern Asian countries where the economies are pretty wealthy adult females go crazy about American goods especially diet food. What do you guys think???

Those folks pitching diet pills on TV are not actually the inventors/manufacturers. The inventors hire shady doctors to act as pitch men to give them credibility. Start up costs for manufacturing and shipping to a foreign country are not small, the paperwork for shipping food and drugs internationally is pretty burdensome. And the liability when someone dies or gets sick from your product is not small. So if this is a legit product, that is one thing, but if you are looking for a get rich quick scheme, keep thinking.