making perfect answer for Anatomy 1999

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drfun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying hard to make the (correct) answer with explaination for Anatomy part 1 in 1999 and I am going to do all subjects, as well as 2002.

But I have some questions that I could not answer surely by myself, pls help me and I will post it here soon.

Anatomy 1999

1. No. 7...I could not read the question!!

2.which is sensory nerve?
a. thoracodorsal
b. long thoracic
c. medial pectoral
d. lower subscapular
e. medial antebrachial cutaneous
( all come from brachial plexus, but different parts, so ....I am not sure)

3. structures in deep cervical fascia except
a. Trapezius
b. Sternohyoid ( I think)
c. Ant. scalene
d. sternocleidomastoid
e. Inf. belly of omohyoid

4. Red spot on the dorsal surface of the tongue
a. Lymphatic nodules
b. Filiform
c. Foliate
d. Fungiform ( I think)

5. typical motor neuron in anterior (ventral) horn of spinal cord
a. bipolar
b. Unipolar
c. purkinje
d. multipolar (i think)
e. psuedounipolar

6. found in spaces among cancellous bones
a. Myeloid ( should be this because in kaplan said that it is filed with marrow, but i am not sure)
b. lymphoid
c. areolar CNT.

7. neuron of CNS that innervate muscles derived from the brachial arches are found in
a. neucleus ambiguus (I think)
b. Dorsal of X
c. Hypoglossal nucleus
d. nucleus of spinal tract of V

8. Neural crest cell give rise to ......(famous question)
a.Pregang sym cell body
b.postgang sym cell body
c.pregang parasym cell body

9. characterizes of the cytoplasmic extension of an odontoblast
a. microtubule(MT) and occasional mitochondria(MC) and vesicle
b. MT and lysosome
c. large numbers of MC
d.Myacin filament

Hope that someone can help me for these questions and pls give the explaination if you can.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

drfun said:
Hi All,

I am trying hard to make the (correct) answer with explaination for Anatomy part 1 in 1999 and I am going to do all subjects, as well as 2002.

But I have some questions that I could not answer surely by myself, pls help me and I will post it here soon.

Anatomy 1999

1. No. 7...I could not read the question!!

2.which is sensory nerve?
a. thoracodorsal
b. long thoracic
c. medial pectoral
d. lower subscapular
e. medial antebrachial cutaneous
( all come from brachial plexus, but different parts, so ....I am not sure)

a. Trapezius
c. Ant. scalene
d. sternocleidomastoid

4. Red spot on the dorsal surface of the tongue
a. Lymphatic nodules
b. Filiform
c. Foliate
d. Fungiform ( I think)

a. bipolar
b. Unipolar
c. purkinje
d. multipolar (i think)
e. psuedounipolar

6. found in spaces among cancellous bones
a. Myeloid ( should be this because in kaplan said that it is filed with marrow, but i am not sure)
b. lymphoid
c. areolar CNT.

7. neuron of CNS that innervate muscles derived from the brachial arches are found in
b. Dorsal of X
c. Hypoglossal nucleus
d. nucleus of spinal tract of V

8. Neural crest cell give rise to ......(famous question)
a.Pregang sym cell body
b.postgang sym cell body
c.pregang parasym cell body

9. characterizes of the cytoplasmic extension of an odontoblast
a. microtubule(MT) and occasional mitochondria(MC) and vesicle
b. MT and lysosome
c. large numbers of MC
d.Myacin filament

Hope that someone can help me for these questions and pls give the explaination if you can.

Thanks!

2.e(sensory innervation to skin of medial forearm)

5.d

a. bipolar-in cochlear,vestibular ganglion,retina,olfactory)
b. Unipolar-occurs during development
c. purkinje-heart and brain
d. multipolar (i think)--ventral horn-most neurons are multipolar
e. psuedounipolar-dorsal root ganglias and cranial ganglias

8.b(explaination was given in one of the threads)

9.a(given in orbans)

pls correct me

2 e....all other nerves are motor nerves
3 not sure
4 fungiform papillae are bright red colored
5 d...ventral horn neuron is multipolar
6 should be myeloid..i have also read in kaplans.....
7 not sure
8 b
9 a

Members don't see this ad :)
b. Dorsal of X-motor to thorax and abdomen
c. Hypoglossal nucleus-motor to tongue muscles
d. nucleus of spinal tract of V-sensory to pain and temperature.

7.a.nucleus ambigus-supply sytlophyrangeus-thru glossophyrangeus
-supply int.muscles of larynx+vagus
So they supply muscles of brachial arches.
pls correct me

hey dent02 i think you are correct

glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves have sve fibres to muscles derived from third and fourth arches(muscles of larynx and pharynx), these are derived from nucleus ambiguus

nerve fibres supplying first arch derivates are derived from motor trigeminal nucleus
nerve fibres suppying second arch derivatives are derived from facial nucleus...

a. Trapezius
c. Ant. scalene
d. sternocleidomastoid

check this
Deep cervical fascia

The deep cervical fascia encloses the deep neck spaces and is further divided into 3 layers, the superficial, middle, and deep layers of the deep cervical fascia.

* The superficial layer of the deep cervical fascia is an investing fascia that surrounds the neck. It encompasses the sternocleidomastoid muscle, trapezius, muscles of mastication, and submandibular and parotid glands. It is limited superiorly by the nuchal ridge, mandible, zygoma, mastoid, and hyoid bones. Inferiorly, it is bounded by the clavicles, sternum, scapula, hyoid, and acromion. It contributes to the fascia covering the digastric muscle and to the lateral aspect of the carotid sheath. In its course from the hyoid bone to the medial table of the ramus of the mandible, it envelops the anterior belly of the digastric muscle and forms the floor of the submandibular space. Laterally, this fascia helps to define the parotid and masticator spaces.

* The middle layer of the deep cervical fascia has 2 divisions, muscular and visceral. The muscular division surrounds the strap muscles (ie, sternohyoid, sternothyroid, thyrohyoid, omohyoid) and the adventitia of the great vessels. The visceral division surrounds the constrictor muscles of the pharynx and esophagus to create the buccopharyngeal fascia and the anterior wall of the retropharyngeal space. Both the muscular and visceral divisions contribute to the formation of the carotid sheath. The middle layer also envelops the larynx, trachea, and thyroid gland. It attaches to the base of the skull superiorly and extends inferiorly as low as the pericardium via the carotid sheath.

* The deep layer of the deep cervical fascia is also subdivided into 2 divisions, prevertebral and alar. The prevertebral division adheres to the anterior aspect of the vertebral body and extends laterally to the transverse processes of the vertebrae. The alar division lies between the prevertebral division and the visceral division of the middle layer and defines the posterior border of the retropharyngeal space. It surrounds the deep neck muscles and contributes to the carotid sheath. Posteriorly, the muscular division of the middle layer of the deep cervical fascia fuses with the alar division of the deep layer of the deep cervical fascia at the level of thoracic vertebrae 1-2 (T1-T2).
sternohyoid comes in middle layer of DCF
sternohyoid seems to be the real close choice for this ques , i would also go for sternohyoid ,but in theory it has a different expl .

Thank you so much for all helping!!!
If anyone need answer for anatomy in part 1 1999 & 2002 pls left your email here. I will try to send you before the end of NOV.

Thanks again! :love:

drfun said:
If anyone need answer for anatomy in part 1 1999 & 2002 pls left your email here. I will try to send you before the end of NOV.

Thank you very much drfun. here is my email address

[email protected]

drfun said:

Thanks drfun. here is my email address

[email protected]

Last edited:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
drfun said:

My email: [email protected]
Thank you so much.

drfun said:

Hi drfun,

could you send me one? [email protected]
thanks

hi ,
was just wondering if you could advise me from where i could get these questions ?they seem pretty tough,and would really help as i am sitting for my exam on 5th dec.
thanks
my e mail is [email protected].