Male Nurse Salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
www.allnurses.com <---Best place to talk to nurses to get the real salary 411. They have a male nurse section and lots of guys who will give you the scoop.

MedicRN

RN, CCRN, CNRN, EMICT
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You will make the same as a female nurse (or even a non-gendered nurse) in telemetry or ICU, particularly in Chicago.

Marsdgrove33133

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You will make the same as a female nurse (or even a non-gendered nurse) in telemetry or ICU, particularly in Chicago.

A non-gendered, you mean there is a space that you can check off on the application if you a "non-gendered?" So based on what you wrote there are male and female and Hermaphrodite? Where do you check off if you are a “tranny”? :laugh:

;) Mars

fab4fan

TiredRetiredRN
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what is the average salary male nurses make? Lets say telemetry or ICU. Particularly in chicago.

Please tell me you are not even remotely suggesting that a man who is a nurse should make more money than a woman who is a nurse.

fuegorama

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To answer the OP's question I can tell ya that as a graduate of a male nurse school, I made a gross salary that was shockingly comparable to my y-deficient colleagues.

Of course I had decreased work related expenses since I wore only one shade of pastel colored scrubs and didn't have to purchase feminine hygeine products. (stupendous savings!!!)

I did break even on the make up expenditures since any self respecting male nurse will need some good foundation and a high quality eye liner.

If salary is really a concern I recommend going to a gender-neutral college and obtaining a BSN with a minor in male studies.

Good Luck:love: :love: :love:
You go girl!!