• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

C

cvpmvp33

So what is the average salary male nurses make? Lets say telemetry or ICU. Particularly in chicago.

MedicRN

RN, CCRN, CNRN, EMICT
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 21, 2005
South Central Kansas
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
You will make the same as a female nurse (or even a non-gendered nurse) in telemetry or ICU, particularly in Chicago.

About the Ads

Marsdgrove33133

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status (Visible)
You will make the same as a female nurse (or even a non-gendered nurse) in telemetry or ICU, particularly in Chicago.

A non-gendered, you mean there is a space that you can check off on the application if you a "non-gendered?" So based on what you wrote there are male and female and Hermaphrodite? Where do you check off if you are a “tranny”? :laugh:

;) Mars

fuegorama

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
To answer the OP's question I can tell ya that as a graduate of a male nurse school, I made a gross salary that was shockingly comparable to my y-deficient colleagues.

Of course I had decreased work related expenses since I wore only one shade of pastel colored scrubs and didn't have to purchase feminine hygeine products. (stupendous savings!!!)

I did break even on the make up expenditures since any self respecting male nurse will need some good foundation and a high quality eye liner.

If salary is really a concern I recommend going to a gender-neutral college and obtaining a BSN with a minor in male studies.

Good Luck:love: :love: :love:
You go girl!!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.