Male nurses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youknow

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a male nursing student (BSN) and I am planning to go to graduate school to become a CRNA.....anyways I was wondering if male nurses got paid more than a female nurse in the same position??? Any responses will be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You're not serious, are you?

Hey, in case you haven't heard, women got the right to vote a few years ago, too!

Just speaking generally they say men still earn more than women in private enterprise. Personally though, I see no reason why there should be any difference in pay due to gender.

David

Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking from my personal experience, the person who has the highest salary is the most skilled negotiator.

And that, my friends, has nothing to do with XY vs XX.

Originally posted by DelightNP
Speaking from my personal experience, the person who has the highest salary is the most skilled negotiator.

And that, my friends, has nothing to do with XY vs XX.

Well said!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Why would they?? Do you think they should? I find this a strange question and in my emperience, No they don't. Every hospital I worked at had a "step" system..pay was based on experience. You could also get more $$ for various certifications.

It's actually a good question. Not because it's a polically correct questions, but because it's a real question.

You won't find differences in pay (at least not nearly as often) related to sex in professional positions such as CRNA. But, if you look into management and other positions that aren't so easily financially defined, you will probably find that the numbers will be slightly higher for males in the same positions as females. It sucks, but it's just the way it is.

I have been a nurse (male of course) for 10 years (11 in august). Not that I agree but I have been paid more than the XX conterparts at several facilities. One DON gave the explaination that I hold a B.S. in Biology so I received a "hourly bonus". To make matters worse at the last places I was promoted to unit manager quickly, very quickly which made some loyal employees a little angry. I was told by one administrator (female) people just seem to listen to men as if they hold a high authority. I don't agree with any statement regarding men as "better than women". I will say that as a society we can be easily conditioned as to who we automatically respect and grant authority to.

as always, please ignore spelling and grammer. :)