Male premeds/meds ugly??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Male premeds/meds ugly??

• ugly, includes balding and beer bellies

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • plain

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • cute for a premed/med

Votes: 30 39.5%

• Total voters

coffeeluver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's hear your opinions!

Members don't see this ad.

Back to the top.

Based on the current votes, it looks like male premeds/meds are UGLY! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was checking out the poll subtitles and I have a question for the lasses of sdn. Do you really find bald men as ugly? Lot of my female friends have expressed that typically bald men can be sexy. Your comment please.

Tooth

Bald men are turnoffs. However, if a guy shaves off his head but is actually not balding, then that can be sexy, depending on the guy.

coffeeluver said:
Bald men are turnoffs. However, if a guy shaves off his head but is actually not balding, then that can be sexy, depending on the guy.

Of course you would say this, you mad the poll! some unbiased opinions ladies please.

Tooth

I love how there's no category for just generally attractive.

Hey! I have a poll question: Would you rather vote for John Kerry for president or have your leg amputated with no anaesthetic using a rusty spoon?

Amazing! Our new poll reveals that 99% (+/- 1) of respondents say they will vote for Kerry in 2004!

coffeeluver said:
i agree, but i like a little somethin to grab hold of ;)

umass rower said:
I love how there's no category for just generally attractive.

Hey! I have a poll question: Would you rather vote for John Kerry for president or have your leg amputated with no anaesthetic using a rusty spoon?

Amazing! Our new poll reveals that 99% (+/- 1) of respondents say they will vote for Kerry in 2004!
:laugh::laugh:

just like in women...there is a distribution of ugly average good looking males in the premed/med population.

I wonder if this distribution is very different from the norm. In general, what percent of the population is actually considered "hot" or "cute"??? I bet this is not THAT far off from what it would be in a law forum or a pilot forum, etc...

JunkintheTrunk said:
i agree, but i like a little somethin to grab hold of ;)
...in bed you mean? Grab the bedsheets instead! ;)

In a upper division bio class of 40 students...(assuming about equal numbers of girls and guys) there are only 2 guys that I find remotely attractive. If this is representative of the entire pre-med population that means that only 10% of male pre-meds are cute.

It has been my experience that male doctors tend to be on average shorter... I personally don't like to date short men and it is a real turn off for me. I like them tall like 5'11" --6'1". Most male docs are around 5'7" --- 5'10". And lots of them end up gaining weight around the love handles and then they look stocky. I hate stocky guys.

Indebt4Life said:
It has been my experience that male doctors tend to be on average shorter... I personally don't like to date short men and it is a real turn off for me. I like them tall like 5'11" --6'1". Most male docs are around 5'7" --- 5'10". And lots of them end up gaining weight around the love handles and then they look stocky. I hate stocky guys.

This is something that can actually be proven correct/wrong on here (assuming people don't flat out lie.) I remember a few guys on here mentioning their heights and they seem to be somewhat tall. I think Eraserhead said he was tall (he was 5'11" I think) and I thought that wasn't tall cause I'm 6' and I don't really consider anything less than 6'2" to be tall. I think Jalby's like 6'2" as well.

I work with current UCSD med students and a lot of them are around my height an inch shorter or taller. If the guys really are shorter, I didn't notice.

Guys, post your heights. I want to see if this claim is true.

Man, I'm super ugly. Like tonight I was playing basketball and this one guy was like "Dang, I don't want to cover the ugly guy". And my mom used to say "Dang, I wish you weren't so ugly". And sometimes I'm in the Burger King drive through window and the girl working there is like "Hey Katie! You gotta look at this guy cause he's so stinkin' ugly". (And then I'm like "I can hear you".)
Anyways, I'm happy with myself though. I mean, you don't see many med students with sleek Tom Selleck mustaches so I'm kinda unique. And I know people pick on mullets a great deal, but the style just seems to work for me. Anyways, it's not all bad being ugly.

I think the difference between this thread and the ugly female premed thread is that male premeds just don't care. I don't see anyone trying to defend the attractiveness of pre-med guys as a population, and it really isn't necessary. I can't speak for all men but it makes no difference to me whether I'm considered good-looking by others or not.

I agree that on average med students are uglier then the average person out there. Hell I'd go as far as saying we are the ugliest of all professional students out there. If I'd rank professional students according to attractiveness it would be something like this; theater student followed by low tier law school student followed by non-science phDs student followed by middle tier law school studentsl followed by science PhD's students followed by top 10 law school students and finally med school students. We are the ugliest of the ugly so we better accept this sad fact and move on.
On the plus side, in the future we will be one of the few that can afford cosmetic surgery and subsequently will be able to potentially look better then the average person of our age group when we are 60. I am looking forward for that!