Male Reproductive Anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eatsleepmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Kaplan book says

" The vas deferens is the tube that connects the epididymis to the ejaculatory duct. The prostate, secretes a milky fluid that protects sperm from acidic environment of the female reproductive tract. Sperm first mix with this alkaline fluid before reaching the epididymis."

Ok, so does the sperm go through vas deferens to where prostate can secrete alkaline fluid and back to the ductus epididymus?

Or is it trying to say that the alkaline fluid mixes with sperm before reaching ejaculatory duct?

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, sperm are formed but immature in the seminiferous tubules and stored immaturely in the epididymus.

Though, some spermstart moving by smooth muscle (i think?) in the vas deferens towards the accessory glands in reproductive system where they mix with the rest of what forms semen. It doesn't move backwards; it wouldn't make sense.

When you're with a woman, man, or even yourself and ...ohhh suqqeerrrkkk the spermies start flying it is all expelled.

"Or is it trying to say that the alkaline fluid mixes with sperm before reaching ejaculatory duct? "

Is what your book is trying to say, I'm pretty sure because once it is released from the ejaculatory duct it's splashing in/on someone or something, so it all has to mix beforehand or proper mixing won't occur.

Sick avatar BTW you have good taste

When you're with a woman, man, or even yourself and ...ohhh suqqeerrrkkk the spermies start flying it is all expelled.

once it is released from the ejaculatory duct it's splashing in/on someone or something

you have good taste

eh...

lol