Malicious premed/med students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As to my post two up, IF I get banned for anything there; GOOD! Little $%A$head should be hunted down until exposed. Hopefully you'll be dumb enough to set up an MDapps and someone takes the time to figure out who you are.

lol

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, I know, but it just makes me real mad, b/c its like, WHY? I mean, how the hell can you feel good about that? I might be working beside someone like that some day. [shudder].

totally agree, I have a similar online discussion thing for a few of my classes, and can't understand why anyone would purposely post the wrong answers. I mean just let someone else answer the question if you don't want to. Why would anyone waste their time just to screw someone else over. It baffles me

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, you are quite an obnoxious little $&(%$*.:mad: I Have never, once in my entire freaking life deliberately given someone a wrong answer for any reason at all. If you don't want to help, be man (or woman) enough to say that.

What's worse is that you are proud of it. Unfortunately, I'm sure people like you get into medical school. You'll also some day have no problem misdirecting a colleague some day at the risk of someone's life just so you can come save the day like some super hero prick. But I'm sure you sleep well at night, knowing that you cause others to do poorly. Shame your professors don't know. Well, your moral values will leave you burning in hell some day.

i said "used to". referring to my freshman year when i was young, immature and took things too seriously. of course it's a wrong thing to do (some gunners DO grow out of the competitive thing after a while...) but like i said on the last part- everyone will eventually run into ppl like that... who like to screw you over in order to make themselves appear more superior- thats why i think it's important to seriously try to learn things on your own before you ask your peers.... besides, all the ppl who would ask me questions are ppl who chose to slack and wanted to take the easy route by obtaining "free answers & solutions". i hate ppl who half ass everything

Sounds like you should have picked a different school, Anomalous.

haha maybe so. but you know how freshman year is... more than 1/2 the people who were once "pre-med" opted for different majors. class sizes continue to decrease as every quarter progresses- currently, i love MOST of my peers =]

i said "used to". referring to my freshman year when i was young, immature and took things too seriously. of course it's a wrong thing to do (some gunners DO grow out of the competitive thing after a while...)

If you've since grown out of that, then good. But keep yourself in check and don't start it up again in medical school.

What a jerk!!!!

Anyway, in my Chem class we have an online forum where we can discuss homework and lab problems. I like to give people the wrong process and answers because its really funny when they lose points...

Aren't you being the tool everyone else here dislikes?

1. I think that was the point of his post.

2. You just bumped a five and a half month old thread to point that out.

This seems to happen unintentionally a lot, and I still don't understand how

He just wanted to be sure that everyone was aware of this. There's nothing wrong with that :rolleyes:

This seems to happen unintentionally a lot, and I still don't understand how

Post Count = 7

Occasionally I get caught up in a thread that I forgot I found by searching, I could see how this could result in an unnecessary bump. Otherwise I don't know.

I can't stand most "pre-meds". Bunch of grade-grubbing, smarmy, condescending losers. It's why I try to avoid using that term, and am generally evasive when asked questions about it.

ME TOO! ha ha One time I was talking to a guy in my bio class and he told me that he wanted to be a dentist. He finally pried the "I wanna go to med school" out of me. Then he quickly said that he was aiming for med school too, whatever he could get into and would make the most money doing! UGHHH. Also, the kids who carry bags embroidered with "future neurosurgeon" make me sick.

ME TOO! ha ha One time I was talking to a guy in my bio class and he told me that he wanted to be a dentist. He finally pried the "I wanna go to med school" out of me. Then he quickly said that he was aiming for med school too, whatever he could get into and would make the most money doing! UGHHH. Also, the kids who carry bags embroidered with "future neurosurgeon" make me sick.

I think the mere existence of these bags says volumes about premed culture.

Do you, by any chance, happen to know where your friend got this bag? I have a, umm... friend that may want one

And wow, I actually created this thread way back when. No wonder the title sounded familiar.

There's a guy I know who infuriates me to no end. It seems like his main goal in life is to tell me why he'll get into medical school and I won't.

A sampling of the reasons:
He has a 3.98. I have a 3.7 flat.
His major is more difficult than my primary and my secondary doesn't count at all (though my primary has the same amount of work as his major as WE HAD ALL THE SAME CLASSES THE LAST TWO YEARS).
He's doing research while I'm not. I have no interest in research, I'd rather interact with people.
He's winning all these grants and awards and oh. my. gosh.
My extra-curriculars are not focused enough on medicine. (I quit AMSA because I hate pre-meds.)
And he's an URM while I'm just a white girl. (Yes. He played that card.)

Meh. I'm angry now. Whatever. He can go to Johns Hopkins or Harvard. I just want to get IN! Whoever takes me, I will be more than pleased to attend their institution if they think I'll be a good doctor.

There's a guy I know who infuriates me to no end. It seems like his main goal in life is to tell me why he'll get into medical school and I won't.

A sampling of the reasons:
He has a 3.98. I have a 3.7 flat.
His major is more difficult than my primary and my secondary doesn't count at all (though my primary has the same amount of work as his major as WE HAD ALL THE SAME CLASSES THE LAST TWO YEARS).
He's doing research while I'm not. I have no interest in research, I'd rather interact with people.
He's winning all these grants and awards and oh. my. gosh.
My extra-curriculars are not focused enough on medicine. (I quit AMSA because I hate pre-meds.)
And he's an URM while I'm just a white girl. (Yes. He played that card.)

Meh. I'm angry now. Whatever. He can go to Johns Hopkins or Harvard. I just want to get IN! Whoever takes me, I will be more than pleased to attend their institution if they think I'll be a good doctor.

Dude sounds like a lock for a good school (as long as he can fake a decent personality during the interview)

you didn't know? those are the equivalent to douche bags

1. OK,
2. Yep.
- So, what?

My first time seeing this post and WOW there are some crazy pre-meds out there. Hopefully i don't run into any in person.