Malpractice Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honsano

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I really don't know too much about this subject and was wondering if anyone knew of a book which could enlighten me on the subject. I have the summer for a sizeable book so there will be no worries about that. Anyone with good suggestions then please fire away. Thanks peeps

dutchman

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really don't know too much about this subject and was wondering if anyone knew of a book which could enlighten me on the subject. I have the summer for a sizeable book so there will be no worries about that. Anyone with good suggestions then please fire away. Thanks peeps

NO book will be better than using the SDN search button on the residency/specialty forums.

Blue Dog

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
dummies.jpg

J/K. ;)

glp

Vegas Baby Vegas
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is a good report on medmal from the gao. it is almost 4 yrs old and things had worsened since, but it is a good read regardless.

www.gao.gov/new.items/d03702.pdf

sirus_virus

nonsense poster
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

BTW, the average doctor gets sued at least once in their career. EMs and Rads average 1 suit every six years, and 1 in 5 patients consider suing their doctor. Welcome to the United States of America.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
BTW, the average doctor gets sued at least once in their career. EMs and Rads average 1 suit every six years, and 1 in 5 patients consider suing their doctor. Welcome to the United States of America.

I agree with the initial part of your post but have no clue how anyone could be sure what percentage of patients consider suing their doctor. (This doesn't sound like something people would necessarilly be forthright about in a survey).