1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

mammalian physiology and biochem?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ForeverOrange, May 15, 2007.

1. ForeverOrange

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi guys!
    sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm new here.

I was wondering if it will still be ok for me to take the MCAT this summer, considering how I haven't taken mammalian physiology or biochem yet. I have just finished ochem, physics, and the core bio classes at my university, so with those fresh in my head, I was just going to buy a review book and intensely read/study the physiology sections like the endocrine/nervous system etc etc. Some people told me I should wait until I complete mamm phys and biochem because the knowledge from those courses will help me think faster during the exam. I know it would probably help me, but do you guys think it's do-able? Has anyone taken the MCAT without taking these courses first?
    thanks for any advice =)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mongrel

mongrel Assoc. Prof. Dogsuit
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey, I think you'll be fine as long as you invest a good amount of time into these subjects during your own studying. I had biochem but no physio and thought I was fine.