Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

mammalian physiology and biochem?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ForeverOrange, May 15, 2007.

1. ForeverOrange

ForeverOrange 2+ Year Member

May 8, 2007
    Hi guys!
    sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm new here.

I was wondering if it will still be ok for me to take the MCAT this summer, considering how I haven't taken mammalian physiology or biochem yet. I have just finished ochem, physics, and the core bio classes at my university, so with those fresh in my head, I was just going to buy a review book and intensely read/study the physiology sections like the endocrine/nervous system etc etc. Some people told me I should wait until I complete mamm phys and biochem because the knowledge from those courses will help me think faster during the exam. I know it would probably help me, but do you guys think it's do-able? Has anyone taken the MCAT without taking these courses first?
    thanks for any advice =)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mongrel

mongrel Assoc. Prof. Dogsuit 5+ Year Member

Hey, I think you'll be fine as long as you invest a good amount of time into these subjects during your own studying. I had biochem but no physio and thought I was fine.