man it feels good to be done 10/7 breakdownnnn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

es1113

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for a chance to be able to post my score:

PAT: 21
QR :18
RC: 20
Bio:20
GC:25
OC:28
TS:23
AA:22

PAT: I just used CDP and a little kaplan but to be honest, the test I saw today was a lot harder than CDP. I was getting 23s on CDP but the test I saw today was jacked up.

Keyholes: When i started this section and saw the first few images, I literally said WTF and got a few looks by people taking the test around me (my bad)

TFE: pretty weird figures
Angle: I thought this was the easiest, CDP was harder than the real test
Hole: A couple warped hole punches but everything else, CDP is good prep for
Cubes: this was about the same as CDP, slightly easier
Patterns: Harder than CDP

QR: yea... idk I spent literally 35 minutes preparing for this. know trigs and watch chads videos for math. Math destroyer has a lot of good material, i shouldve gone through this but I got lazy and just looked over question types the day before

RC: I just kinda search and destroyed my way. I got lucky and didn't get any hard passages here. I spent zero time studying for this. My passages were easy and luckily i didn't get owned by physics and thankfully they retired the piano one?

Bio: review cliffs AP bio, alans notes, chapter 19-21 notes are money. I also used the AP bio course-notes.org thing. BROAD KNOWLEDGE of biology will get you far on this section. The randomness of this test is mad annoying but the questions weren't hard. At all. I know I 'only' got a 20 but I literally spent only a week studying for this section because I figured my time would be better spent going over the chems. If i read cliffs a few more times I think my 20 woulve been a 24 or 25

GC: Chad is the man, I can't thank Chad enough for my score
I wrote down everything he said and just kept rewriting those notes over and over. I did destroyer for practice

OC: look over the destroyer roadmaps in addition to Chads videos, chad goes over basically everything but you never know if a random reaction not covered so go over the road maps also. I used organic odyssey a little bit and its great if you have the time to spend on it

I didnt use topscore, or achiever or any practice tests except for the science part of the sample 2007 ADA test which was pretty easy but good practice. I don't think my test was too much harder than the 2007 one either.

Members don't see this ad.

thanks guys, I kinda wrote this breakdown after a night of celebrating so I figured I would add/highlight a couple things

-Bio: AP bio course notes (search AP biology notes and this should be the first thing that comes up) and Barrons/Cliffs AP bio is all you need for a 20+ score and based on what I saw, I think they cover pretty much everything. Going over these is much more time efficient compared to reading the Campbells book. For practice, I would go over Destroyer after reviewing. My test was kind of random but the questions are not hard.

-Chem: Just wanted to highlight the fact that rewriting the notes from Chads videos helped me memorize everything he said. If you memorize those notes, you should be able to handle 90% of the destroyer (this is coming from someone who thought most of chemistry was something out of a harry potter book). If you can handle the destroyer, you should be able to handle the actual test. Make sure you know what each destroyer question is trying to tell you (test was way way way way way way way easier than destroyer)

-Ochem: I rewrote the notes I took from Chads a bunch of times here also and this helped me memorize all of the reactions and mechanisms. I also used my friends college organic textbook just to go over some of the reactions I was still a bit shaky on. Destroyer is good practice as well, and be sure to learn the little facts from each question here also. I started really doing destroyer a week before the test and pretty much looked over it every day after that. I also did destroyer once through the night before the test (for gen chem also) One more thing to keep in the back of your head is to look over the destroyer road maps too...
Organic Odyssey is great also but I did it like 3 months ago. If you have a month or more to study, try and go over a chapter a day from this in addition to what you're doing IF you feel like you need more practice because even though its overkill, it helps A LOT.
My test was a lot easier than destroyer, idk what I'm allowed to say but know EAS and acid/base stuff well

hope this helps