1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

managed care

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by grasshopper, Aug 26, 2001.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm sure there is an old thread about this somewhere, but anybody know of any good websites or texts with straightforward info about HMO/PPO's that would be useful before interviews?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. figure five

figure five Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    check out "Health Affairs"...it's a monthly journal that's available in print and online. The articles are concise and easy to read, and cover a good range of topics (impacts of managed care, international health policy, histories of health institutions, etc). I did a masters in health policy and used this journal often for reference.

4. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

beginning a tangent...
    was the master in HP an MPH or another degree? I am trying to learn more about career choices/opportunities between doing a combined MD/masters. I am interested in a wide variety, as I have not yet begun. International health/policy, preventive medicine, and general health policy issues all intrigue me. Basically I'd like any info on the differences (cuz I know there must be lots of similarities) on what can be done with this combo.
    (1) Health Policy
    (2) Public Health
    (3) Public Policy

note that the 3 words are each used twice in the above set. Don't know what this called but since I'm taking combinatorics I could tell you later in the semester :D