Management of the pregnant patient

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jondudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pre-dental, giving presentation, really need my facts straight, please comment, many thanks in advance!

1. Is local safe?
2. Is taking radiographs contra-indicated?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The most vital trimesters are the first and second. Only emergency dental work should be done during this time. As far as the third trimester, women are usually too uncomfortable for dental work. If you use a lead vest, radiographs are not contraindicated. Local is safe during all three trimesters.

This is the protocol at our office anyways.

Last edited:
Pre-dental, giving presentation, really need my facts straight, please comment, many thanks in advance!

1. Is local safe?

If you are pre-dental, why do you list yourself as a dental student? Why did you com across in April as a dental student?

We can give you facts, but you have absolutely nothing to prove your facts. It is hear say. You need to reference articles and books for this info if you are doing this for a presentation. realistically, although you took offense to Armorshell's mocking of you, he is telling you the truth when posting that. Do a Google search for research articles and references such as the ADA website, JADA, etc. These are going to give you reputable info with resources you can quote. If I were doing a presentation, this website would be last place I would seek info because if you are asked in a presentation where you got information, you cannot state SDN.

You need to reference articles and books for this info if you are doing this for a presentation. realistically, although you took offense to Armorshell's mocking of you, he is telling you the truth when posting that.

..you cannot state SDN.

correct.

why why why - who gives a @#$!, just answer the Q if u have someth to add

Yea who needs the opinion and collective thinking of peers when you have copy and paste and google. No need to bother replying to posts of mine in the future armorshell. Avatar illustrates maturity apparantly.

You realize opinion and "collective thinking" represent the lowest tier of quality regarding information, right?

1. Is local safe?

Yea who needs the opinion and collective thinking of peers when you have copy and paste and google. No need to bother replying to posts of mine in the future armorshell. Avatar illustrates maturity apparantly.

armorshell is right; you really think you can get the best info from a bunch of predents' opinions?? do some freaking research.

why why why - who gives a @#$!, just answer the Q if u have someth to add

We are answering the question the best way we feel we can by telling you to look the answer up in a more credible manner - ESPECIALLY since you are doing a presentation. If people ask you where you obtained your info, you need resources to back you up.

You just don't want to listen to what almost everyone here is telling you. We can answer your question, but you have no idea whether we are feeding you a line of BS or not. Since you are making the presentation, you need to know it is factual.

The only other thing I can think of why you want us to answer this is because you are seeking medical advice. If that were the case, then you need to know seeking medical advice is not allowed on SDN.

Either way, you need to find credible sources. I've already given you a couple to search.