Mandatory Candidate Visit At Midwestern Ccp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TYoukhana

Commercial Broker for Healthcare Professionals
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an invitation letter saying that i got one of these to the downer's grove campus. I visited the campus during spring break since i was in chicago anyway just to see how it was. I spoke to the secretary just to get a general sense of how the interview process goes about. Has anyone already done one of these? If so, what was your essay question and how did you prepare for the visit? It also says on the letter that dress is business casual...shirt and tie? suit? I also have had interviews at UIC and Midwestern in Glendale however i did not get into those last year, the question that i usually have trouble answering is why i just didn't become a doctor...any thoughts on that one? The visit isn't until April 17th but i just wanna make sure before i head over there that i have a clear sense of what i'm going to encounter. I appreciate any feedback, thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

TYoukhana said:
I just got an invitation letter saying that i got one of these to the downer's grove campus. I visited the campus during spring break since i was in chicago anyway just to see how it was. I spoke to the secretary just to get a general sense of how the interview process goes about. Has anyone already done one of these? If so, what was your essay question and how did you prepare for the visit? It also says on the letter that dress is business casual...shirt and tie? suit? I also have had interviews at UIC and Midwestern in Glendale however i did not get into those last year, the question that i usually have trouble answering is why i just didn't become a doctor...any thoughts on that one? The visit isn't until April 17th but i just wanna make sure before i head over there that i have a clear sense of what i'm going to encounter. I appreciate any feedback, thanks :)

Check the pharmacy schools interview feedback on the homepage, that should help you out.

pharmdisme said:
Check the pharmacy schools interview feedback on the homepage, that should help you out.

I just wanted to echo pharmdisme, check the interview feedback, everything you need to know is there. I read all the reviews there and felt very prepared.

I wore a suit to my MCV, all the guys at least had on ties. I don't think it really matters that much as long as you are dressed nicely.

My essay question was something like, "You are a 3rd year pharmacy student. You know a classmate has copied a document on the internet and turned it in as their own work for an assignment. What would you do?"

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your going to come into a class room with 40 or so people. Write an essay, mine was "one of your classmates is skipping class and falling behind, how would you help them?" something like that. Then you sit some more, then sit in small groups some more and watch people suck up. Then you can go on a tour of the campus.

Good Luck
maybe ill see you next year.

thanks guys, has anyone else gotten accepted? if so, what was your question on the essay portion? My GPA is alright (3.35) and i got a so-so score on the PCAT (78) i did however improve my PCAT dramatically from the year before so hopefully they'll look at that. Any other suggestions i can do to make myself stand out among giants?

My essay was along the lines of "Explain a situation where communication was essential and what did you do?" Not sure if that was the exact wording

TYoukhana said:
thanks guys, has anyone else gotten accepted? if so, what was your question on the essay portion? My GPA is alright (3.35) and i got a so-so score on the PCAT (78) i did however improve my PCAT dramatically from the year before so hopefully they'll look at that. Any other suggestions i can do to make myself stand out among giants?

If you don't get in make sure that you apply really early next year. So you get an MCV in October or November. I don't know how good your chances are having an MCV this late...but I think they would have been a lot better if you applied a lot earlier since Midwestern uses rolling admissions.