Mandatory CR/NC what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samdia1349

Reaction score
This is my first post here so if this is in the wrong spot or if there is already a similar post I apologize.

I am taking ochem1 next semester and I just got a memo that although my university is planning on doing the ochem lab in person due to the pandemic all of the organic chemistry labs will be offered as credit no credit only. This does not impact the lecture. If I try to take it a different semester It will sort of screw up my entire track, but I don't want this to be an issue during my application cycle. Especially since they are still currently asking us to show up and risk exposure and still not receive a letter grade it is frustrating. If anyone has any insights as to how adcoms will view cr/nc courses in the event that there were no other options I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine, a lot of schools are doing cr/nc for certain classes because of the pandemic. Especially since the lecture portion of the class is still graded normally, don't worry about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Even early this spring when messaging was as conservative as possible, most schools were saying that if the C/NC was mandatory from the schools rather than optional for the students, they'd accept it.

Reactions: 1 user
Just keep chugging along. These be unprecedented times and schools are unlikely to hold your feet to the fire for something you had zero control over.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors