Mandatory research internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eagleye2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guy, my major is pharmacy product development (mainly picked it as a backup incase med school doesn't work out)

Anyway the program requires 2 mandatory research internships and I am wondering if an internship where I will probably be limited in what I can do can still count as research? New to research and the internship scene so I'm not sure what is beneficial and what is not

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guy, my major is pharmacy product development (mainly picked it as a backup incase med school doesn't work out)

Anyway the program requires 2 mandatory research internships and I am wondering if an internship where I will probably be limited in what I can do can still count as research? New to research and the internship scene so I'm not sure what is beneficial and what is not
Even if the internships are curricular requirements for your program, they can still be listed under Research on the med school application. So long as the research is a hypothesis-based, scholarly project, even if your role is only a piece of it, the experience would still "count" so long as you have an understanding of the entire effort.