Manikin or patient for clinical board-wreb, or crdts...etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skylite

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that in the year 2005 all the clinical board will using manikin instead of patient. It hope this is true. My friend about to take board...she told me that she being saving her patient for 6 months already....simply because the patient has a good lesion for board . More and more students being doing that. I kind wonder about the true purpose of our career....Come to think of it....are we a doctor or just a cosmotologist....if we are doctor....then how come cardiologist or other md don't require to take the clinical board....It kind of sad to think of it........so much politic and what about the patient care...some student even though me that it seen unethical ....but have no other choice.....patient for dentistry .....so sad for them....oh welll especially the poor one....have to put up with all that....I wish the state board would do some thing about it.....

Members don't see this ad.

hmmmm.....your posts sound very similar to Toymed's. Why the name change. I am surprised you didn't advertise your lame website with this post.

I'll grant Toymed got off to a bad start on the forums here, but the glory of the internet is that you have unlimited chances to make a first impression. If this is toymed maybe we should give him another chance.

So, uhhh.... welcome to the forums, skylite. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it's toymed. Afterall, horrendous grammar does not a toymed make.

In any event, skylite, I've heard that the WREB will be mannequin based in 2006. I don't know about any of the other exams.

Gavin, that is a beautiful thing. If only the rest of the country could get in line.

ItsGavinC said:

In any event, skylite, I've heard that the WREB will be mannequin based in 2006. I don't know about any of the other exams.

Guess you were wrong....Toymed=skylite. :D

ItsGavinC said:

Gavin, where have you heard this? When I took wreb a month ago I said I'd heard the same thing and they told me it was bad info...

This information is only a rumor, there is no validity in it. The WREB exam is patient based and they plan on keeping it that way. If you visit the website www.wreb.org and look under Current Publications, you will find articles that clearly state the position WREB is taking on patient based clinical exams. This is a bummer, I too would love it if the exam was taken on maniquens, it sure would take away the headache of finding the perfect patient and hoping they show up.