Manipal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

punjabi1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to these forums, so i dint know how this works...but i had a question....how is manipal university?.....and what advice would u gimme when i come back to the US to join a advance standing program.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hello punjabi ji..

manipal university is among the top colleges in india.
it has very good infrastrucutre n good faculty too.
n thet have many international students.
n after graduating from there u need to do dds in u.s. to be eligible to practice..

if u ultimatly want to be in u.s. then may be u should study there itself.

well its up to u to decide,, but manipal is a good institute

gd luck

hello punjabi ji..

manipal university is among the top colleges in india.
it has very good infrastrucutre n good faculty too.
n thet have many international students.
n after graduating from there u need to do dds in u.s. to be eligible to practice..

if u ultimatly want to be in u.s. then may be u should study there itself.

well its up to u to decide,, but manipal is a good institute

gd luck

Thanks for the advice man....but i dont think i have the GPA to get into any school in the US so im goin to take the indian route. but i am glad to know that Manipal is a good school.

Members don't see this ad :)
ru in india or usa..
i also did my bds frm manipal
reply soon

hey...
I too am an alum of Manipal...graduated couple of yrs bk..n i say its one of the best schools we can get in teh south asian countries....it has good infrastructure, good faculty and the student environment is very good too...as far as applying to the school, well u do need to have good gpa...and it depends how u are applying...coz i applied rite after i graduated from high school and had a gpa of 3.5 then...i suggest the best wud be to email the ppl at the school and ahve them send you the prospective...so that u will get an idea ...or u may even check the website out www.manipal.edu
maybe this sud be helpful...

hey, im currently in dentistry in manipal, when I applied a year back there was almost no competition and I know people who got in with low marks, but not sure what the situation is now. But the course is very intensive, so far they seem to be teaching us enough.

The facilities are okay, but only in the college. Manipal can be a boring place.

Hi .. guys im new to this .. i was just thinkin of applying to manipal .. cuz my parents told me that its a reputable college in india .. and id get my degree faster over there than here in canada... so what i was wondering is that ... what would i need to do in order to come bac to canada and practise ? I hopee sumone out there can help me because im running out of time to decide and i have no idea.. where to goo ... and i really want to become a doctor but im not as willing to spend 4 years doing bachelors here in canada and then applyin to med school .. not knowing that if im gonna get into it or not.. soo plz let me kno ..
thanx

rama chandra in madras is better than manipal.