Manipal_Kasturba medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psrai85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on applying to manipal for next year and i know their tuition is around $ 100000 US. But i've also heard they take donations and stuff. So i was just wondering if anyone knew what their admission criteria is for Canadian students.

Also, do you have to give them the tuition all at one time, just too many rumours so not sure how it works

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

if your mcat scores are that great, why are you going to manipal?

Yea thinkin about it

Members don't see this ad :)
psrai85 said:
Yea thinkin about it

Canadian requirements no different than US. They will look at your scores and decide if you should be pushed to their Carribean program or stay at Manipal proper. You really should try for a US private med school over Manipal if you can. I guess you are worried because of a low GPA? Your good MCAT score might get you over that.

psrai85 said:
I'm planning on applying to manipal for next year and i know their tuition is around $ 100000 US. But i've also heard they take donations and stuff. So i was just wondering if anyone knew what their admission criteria is for Canadian students.

I have a 38 MCAT score with a GPA or around 3.0. Also, do you have to give them the tuition all at one time, just too many rumours so not sure how it works

Thanks

why don't you apply to US medical schools? You'll get in somewhere with that 38 MCAT score even though your GPA is below med school standards.

welll if ur gpa has been stable and u have good extra curriculars u should be fine for american or strait carribean ... i dont reccomend manipal at all over those...

psrai85 said:

I have a 38 MCAT score with a GPA or around 3.0. Also, do you have to give them the tuition all at one time, just too many rumours so not sure how it works

Thanks

as for the tuition, used to be cheaper than that ... you pay in installments, divded up over 4 or 5 years. Manipal also is set up to qualify for Stafford Loans for US citizens/green card holders.