1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Manual Dexterity

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Atlas, Aug 18, 2001.

1. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    How can you tell how good your manual dexterity is? I have no clue. I mean, I'm intersted in dentistry and have very steady hands and can move them in all directions real well. Is there something I'm missing? How can I tell if I have good (or poor)manual dexterity? Thanks

2. Firebird

Firebird 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Do you play the piano or any other manual instrument? Can you type very well? Do you have good handwriting?

On the other hand...

Do you fumble things around a lot?

Those are just some thoughts...not necessarily proofs of whether you have good dexterity.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I type really well. I don't play any instruments, however. I'm not a fumbler. Plus, I played sports all my life so I have good hand-eye coordination. I'd bet I don't have the WORST dexterity in the world, which is relieving! :)