Manuscript accepted for publication, update school through secondary or update letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SchwiftyMD

Reaction score
In my primary application, I briefly mentioned in my activities that I had a manuscript in review. Now it is accepted for publication, but after my primary was already submitted. It is still in production and not readily available to the internet yet since it was only recently accepted. Would it be more appropriate to update schools in an update letter or in the "additional information" portion of secondaries? Should I wait until it is readily available to the public to update the school?

Members don't see this ad.

In my primary application, I briefly mentioned in my activities that I had a manuscript in review. Now it is accepted for publication, but after my primary was already submitted. It is still in production and not readily available to the internet yet since it was only recently accepted. Would it be more appropriate to update schools in an update letter or in the "additional information" portion of secondaries? Should I wait until it is readily available to the public to update the school?
Do you know when it will appear in print (which issue, page numbers) so that you can give a full citation? How long until you know? Will it appear as an e-pub ahead of print, and if so, do you know when?

Do you know when it will appear in print (which issue, page numbers) so that you can give a full citation? How long until you know? Will it appear as an e-pub ahead of print, and if so, do you know when?
I don't know yet. The e-mail I received from the editor in chief says "In the next few weeks you will receive an e-mail from the publisher regarding the production process".

I don't know yet. The e-mail I received from the editor in chief says "In the next few weeks you will receive an e-mail from the publisher regarding the production process".
While you could mention the accepted publication on Secondaries, I think it will have far more impact if you wait until you can provide enough information for an interested adcomm member to easily find the paper online.

Also, congratulations.

Reactions: 1 user