Many concerns w/Medical School Applications coming up....

Chinorlz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Hey everybody, just looking for some frank comments and suggestions about my situation...

I go to school at the University of Rochester, and currently my GPA is a 3.0 and I am in the fall semester of my junior year. I will be working hard to bring up this GPA this year since (like many other people) my freshman year grades really pulled my GPA down since I took many tough courses all at once. I am involved with clubs such as the Self Defense Association, and am president of the Breakdancing club at school so these take up time in my schedule. I plan on doing some volunteer work at the local hospital to gain more experience in patient care and the past couple summers I have done research in labs at UPenn and at UF.

So I guess my question is... is 2 semesters enough time to bring the GPA up? the more I read on qualifications for med school the more worried I get. Also, does anybody recommend any other extracurricular activities etc? And by having a letter(or letters as it is for UF) of recommendation from a school I am applying to, does that help? And how much?

Tell me what I need to do!!!!!!!

thanks for any and all comments,
Albert

About the Ads
J

jot

yo is this albert from my c&d lab? son of a ...:D

have you seen the spread sheet on the stats of peeople that get in from our school? - if you get that gpa up to 3.3 and do well on the 'cats and do my labs you should do fine

-jot

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads