1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

many opportunities in the dental field

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by nycdoc, Jul 30, 2002.

1. nycdoc

nycdoc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

http://www.asdanet.org/article_6_2002.htm

This article got me fired up about starting school in 2 weeks. There are so many diverse opportunities in this awesome profession. I feel really lucky to have found a job with so many benefits(but shhhh! Don't let the secret out!;) )

2. UBTom

UBTom Class '04 official geezer
    10+ Year Member

I am also excited by the prospects-- Hopefully in two more years I will be able to join the profession!

I'm starting my 3rd year in August... That's when things start getting interesting-- We will be treating patients in our school clinics practically full time from here on in. Talk about nervousness!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Centrum

Centrum SMILEY KING
    7+ Year Member

Ahhh. The wonderful world of dentistry!! :clap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gryffindor

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hey nycdoc! You found my secret! I am actually the author of that article - UBTom can vouch for me on this one. I have been really involved with ASDA since starting dental school and that was my second article for ASDA News (I did one previously on the DVD curriculum a few months back). It was really interesting to do b/c I asked each of the grads the same 14 questions and then picked the most interesting and unique responses from each one.

Prior to writing, I actually had my heart set on doing the 1 yr GPR at Brigham and Women's just like Dr. Tamara Goodman did. But after corresponding with her and learning that she put in 105+ hrs a week, I am having second thoughts.

If anyone is interested in what else each of the doctors had to say, e-mail/PM me.

Thanks for reading my article. This thread made my day!

5. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

this has got me pumped!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks for sharing! :clap:

6. nycdoc

nycdoc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Griffin04, nice job buddy. It's the only online article I've found covering recent graduates. It was well-written, informative and inspiring.....the first article I've seen that really showcases all the avenues available to us after graduation. Big thumbs up.