UBTom

Class '04 official geezer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2002
Queens, NY
www.iloveny.com
Status
I am also excited by the prospects-- Hopefully in two more years I will be able to join the profession!

I'm starting my 3rd year in August... That's when things start getting interesting-- We will be treating patients in our school clinics practically full time from here on in. Talk about nervousness!

Centrum

SMILEY KING
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2002
TX
Status
Ahhh. The wonderful world of dentistry!! :clap:

About the Ads

gryffindor

15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Hey nycdoc! You found my secret! I am actually the author of that article - UBTom can vouch for me on this one. I have been really involved with ASDA since starting dental school and that was my second article for ASDA News (I did one previously on the DVD curriculum a few months back). It was really interesting to do b/c I asked each of the grads the same 14 questions and then picked the most interesting and unique responses from each one.

Prior to writing, I actually had my heart set on doing the 1 yr GPR at Brigham and Women's just like Dr. Tamara Goodman did. But after corresponding with her and learning that she put in 105+ hrs a week, I am having second thoughts.

If anyone is interested in what else each of the doctors had to say, e-mail/PM me.

Thanks for reading my article. This thread made my day!

OP
N

nycdoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Status
Griffin04, nice job buddy. It's the only online article I've found covering recent graduates. It was well-written, informative and inspiring.....the first article I've seen that really showcases all the avenues available to us after graduation. Big thumbs up.

About the Ads