Map of Air Force Dental Bases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laptopsformilitarydocs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A CONUS and OCONUS map of Air Force Bases where dentists in the Air Force can be stationed, along with links to each base's Wikipedia page and Google Maps listings can be found at the following link:
Map of Air Force Bases Where Dentists Can Serve

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you! I've been looking for a map like this and couldn't even get an accurate one from my recruiter!

Do you know if a map like this exists for the Navy?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for putting this resource together!

Last I have for Army

Attachments

• Dental Training Locations.pdf
    189.6 KB · Views: 269
A map for army bases would be much appreciated! Also thanks for the laptop its been working great for me so far

here's all the Dental sites for Army, the training locations for the AEGDs and all the residency locations!

Attachments

• MAP_Dental Commands.jpg
    MAP_Dental Commands.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 1- and 2-year AEGD Sites Slides.JPG
    1- and 2-year AEGD Sites Slides.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Residency Locations Slide.JPG
    Residency Locations Slide.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: 2 users
What are the odds of being stationed at one of your preferred locations?

Why is it “preferred?” Great location like San Diego (for the Navy folks)? Well then it’s “preferred” by just about everyone, so you do the math.

Big Hoss
I was told that you get to list 7 locations you would prefer to be deployed to. I was just wondering what the odds are that they actually send you to a location that you listed.

I was told that you get to list 7 locations you would prefer to be deployed to. I was just wondering what the odds are that they actually send you to a location that you listed.
It all depends on how desirable those locations are. If you’re in the Navy, for example, and you put somewhere like Twentynine Palms, CA on your list, you’re going to Twentynine Palms. If your goal was to just get to California you nailed it. Really wanted Coronado, CA? Yeah, so does everyone else and their mom. My Friend in the AF ended up somewhere not on his list or a place even discussed with the assignment officer. Needs of the military. Get used to that.

If you’re just entering active duty, expect to get stuck in a crap location. By and large, you need to “earn” the nice assignments by taking one for the team.

Big Hoss