Map of Med School Locations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fantasty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&...3,-89.429398&spn=33.945626,71.015625&z=4&om=1

I was bored, and I wanted to see where all of the med schools were (mainly because I was interested in the location of the 5 testing centers for the clinical skills exam for Step II, which can only be taken in Philly, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, and LA). Since you yougin's might be interested, I saved it as a google map. I used the AAMC addresses but it had to approximate some of them (so it's not like I can say that all of the addresses are 100% correct). Also, I just kept the defaults when it found the location so the telephone numbers are PROBABLY NOT CORRECT. But, it's fun because it's searchable and you can zoom in / out, etc.

Enjoy

Members don't see this ad.

D'oh. It's split over 2 pages. So, to see anything in the states from Rhode Island to Wisconsin, you have to go to the next page.

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

Members don't see this ad :)
You forgot U of A Phoenix. Awesome map though.

where is the University of Washington?

and UW Madison, MCW, and all TX schools

and UW Madison, MCW, and all TX schools

where is the University of Washington?

D'oh. It's split over 2 pages. So, to see anything in the states from Rhode Island to Wisconsin, you have to go to the next page.

Apparently there are too many markers to show all at once. I went down the list on the AAMC list of medical schools, so it's alphabetical by state. Anything after Rhode Island (Brown) is on the second page so you have to click next.

oooh thanks!!!! good job!

btw, is that an adorable chihuahua in your avatar?

Bumpty-bump. Someone asked me about this again, and it looks like they've updated (so now all of the schools appear on one page rather than two - before you had to click 'next' to see schools in Texas - Wash).

Wait! Where's Stewart University? The #1 leader in U.S. medical education can't be forgotten!

:rolleyes: They have to move around so nobody can really know!!

It would be interesting to see the map with all of the DO schools added...

The lack of west coast schools makes me sad. :'(

Wait! Where's Stewart University? The #1 leader in U.S. medical education can't be forgotten!

I think their classes/offices are held in a couple of mobile homes, so they wouldn't be mappable.
Plus they are a self-described 'international' medical school, even though they are in CA.

Go Stewart U c/o 2010 plus 10 months! (not great at math)

I think their classes/offices are held in a couple of mobile homes, so they wouldn't be mappable.
Plus they are a self-described 'international' medical school, even though they are in CA.

Go Stewart U c/o 2010 plus 10 months! (not great at math)

Shh! Haven't you guys read the brochure?? Stewart's campus is undisclosed until you pay the $75 application fee...easily payable by a completely suspicion-free untraceable PayPal account! People have been trying to steal the Chancellor's Lucky Charms, so he needs to keep **** under wraps, you know?

Thanks! Am I the only one who likes putting those maps on satellite view:laugh:
I don't know why but I love doing that. Just don't do it over water. I got queasy doing that once and I don't even get seasick. It's just weird

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&...3,-89.429398&spn=33.945626,71.015625&z=4&om=1

I was bored, and I wanted to see where all of the med schools were (mainly because I was interested in the location of the 5 testing centers for the clinical skills exam for Step II, which can only be taken in Philly, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, and LA). Since you yougin's might be interested, I saved it as a google map. I used the AAMC addresses but it had to approximate some of them (so it's not like I can say that all of the addresses are 100% correct). Also, I just kept the defaults when it found the location so the telephone numbers are PROBABLY NOT CORRECT. But, it's fun because it's searchable and you can zoom in / out, etc.

Enjoy
poor doggy, or rat, or ferret..watever it is.